7

the four of you made your way out of mondstadt and walked to the statue of the seven at windrise. you guys would take the route from windrise to dragonspine, to mingyun village, wangshu inn, luhua pool and eventually liyue.

as you approached the statue of the seven at windrise, aether spoke up, "were going to take a slight detour since i have some other business to do too

as you approached the statue of the seven at windrise, aether spoke up, "were going to take a slight detour since i have some other business to do too." he explained as he stretched his arms above his head.

you nodded you head at him and waited for diluc to catch up to you three, he was walking behind at some point. the red haired man approached you three and spoke up almost immediately, "lets keep going." he said in a bored voice.

paimon and you both agreed with him and were about to start walking along with diluc towards dragonspine, that was untill aether suddenly stood straight and placed a hand on dilucs chest and one on top of your shoulder, stopping both of you in your tracks.

he was looking to the side, you followed his gaze and saw a small hilichurl camp not too far away. you narrowed your eyes and spotted a few pyro slimes as well.

it seemed like the hilichurls and slimes had spotted you four as well, they came running towards you.

aether wasted no time and lunged towards them too with his sword in his hand. he started fighting two hilichurls head on.

two slimes both approached diluc and he got his claymore from his back in hand, ready to slay them. he used his elemental skill and applied his vision on his claymore, infusing it with pyro substance.

diluc raised his claymore and rushed it to the slimes, he thought he defeated them but you sighed internally at his mistake.

your polearm appeared and you were ready to slaughter the two slimes instead, without your vision of course since you wouldnt let them know you had one. you got your spear in one hand and thrusted the tip of it through the slime, impaling it.

without hesitation, you slashed the spear to the side, through the slime. dividing it in two pieces and eventually making it crumble into smaller slime participles.

you did the exact same with the other pyro slime. as you were done, you stood straight again and faced diluc with a blank expression. "pyro doesnt work on pyro slimes." you said to him and he simply sighed at your comment.

"n/n! i didnt know you were a spear user?" paimon exclaimed from afar as she waved at you, diluc perked up at the comment and looked confused, "... n/n?" you heard him say out loud, surprised by your new nickname.

you looked at diluc and spoke up, "its a cute nickname. i like it." you easily said. and with that you walked back to aether and paimon. you didnt expect a reply from him anyways.

"ive tried various weapons since i became a traveler and i fight best with polearms." you explained to paimon as you walked towards her. you gave her a small smile at her sudden interest at you.

diluc who was first behind you, now started walking besides you to listen to your story. you were in the middle of paimon and diluc with aether walking slightly in front of you all, leading the way.

you continued to explain, "i like how fast they are and how they can provide multiple attacks." you said as the corners of your mouth slightly curled upwards.

you really had a passion for fighting, being strong meant that you could protect yourself and those who are dear to you, and you liked that. you wanted to be able to protect the fatui, especially the tsarista since she saved you from the abyss. you would never forget her deed.

the fatui was a home to you, you were welcomed there even though you knew nothing of your past, your very first memory was when you were injured in floor nine of the abyss.

but they never questioned you. you couldve been a spy to them but they trusted you the moment her highness introduced you to the fatui.

it was almost as if they already knew you.

you got snapped back to reality after paimon spoke up, "multiple attacks how?" she asked you and held her chin while thinking hard in herself.

extending your arm backwards, you grabbed your polearm and got it in front of you to show paimon.

"well since a spear has two ends, you can hit your opponent twice in one motion." you told paimon and saw she looked at you with curiosity.

not only paimon was listening, but you noticed a certain red head besides you peak interest in your explanation as well. he was looking at the way you held your spear in hand.

you showed them one movement with your polearm, "for example, if im in the middle of two opponents." you started off and looked at paimon and diluc.

"i can do this." you said and flipped your spear horizontally, hitting both paimon and diluc besides you softly.

paimon was caught off guard and let out a yelp. whereas diluc was unbothered, he already saw it coming. you retracted your spear to your back and laughed at paimons reaction.

after paimon was done, she got her usual cheery attitude back and spoke up, "paimon wants to do that too!" she said and turned to aether.

"aether can you teach paimon that?" she asked aether who was still walking in front of you three. he shifted his head back and let out a soft, "sure thing."

paimon bounched up and down in the air at his reply. suddenly you heard someone speak up next to you, "how long have you been practicing with a polearm?" diluc asked politely.

not expecting his interests, you spoke up, "ever since i was ten years old. so eight years now." you told him as you looked in front of you while still walking.

he didnt say anything after that, so you spoke up instead, "and you?" you questioned him as you were quite curious of him too.

"i was ten years too when i first wielded my claymore." he said simply and then remaimed silent. you took that as a sign that he was already done talking.

but he wasnt, he started questioning you again, "was that when you got your vision?" he said and turned his head to the side to look at you with narrowed eyes.