five - to hide

Five days quickly pass by with Selena staying inside the cabin. She didn't dare to step at least one foot out of the door and see Nathaniel's disappointed face again. Her chance of escaping via the truck had come by as Sunday was two days ago.

Since there was no food inside the cabin, her main source of consumption was only water. Her lack of food caused her to become weak, rendering her almost immobile. Selena couldn't just accept them much more be friends with anyone here.

She was a prisoner to her stubbornness and she would only accept Nathaniel when hell freezes over.

Early in the morning, Selena awoke from her sleep when a knocking on the door resounded in the living room. She rose from the floor and walked towards the door, waiting for whoever it was to speak.

"Selena?"

She remembered that voice. It was Lively, the woman who's cooking she insulted. She contemplated whether to answer or not, but if Winston was somehow level-headed, maybe she was too?

"What do you want?" She answered.

"May I come in?"

Selena's hand reached for the doorknob, twisting it open for Lively. The wolf was wearing a long coat, holding her baby who was wrapped in layers of sheets. She let them in and closed the door behind her. She was worried for the child's safety, thinking that they were both freezing.

In the living room, Lively sat on one of the couch, setting Leticia beside her. Their eyes connect momentarily, causing Selena to become unsettled.

"I'm sorry to barge in here so early in the morning." Lively offered a comforting smile.

"That's okay. It's not like I was busy or something." The annoyed tone she used was more than obvious, it made Lively flatten her lips.

"Yeah," Lively nervously chuckled. "You look-"

"Look like shit? Yeah, I know." Selena cut her off.

"I was going to say tired but shit works fine too." Lively shrugged her shoulders.

"Ah, Lively, was it your name? I'd like back to sleep. If you want to talk about something, please just tell me."

The wolf breathed heavily, looking directly into Selena's eyes before she spoke.

"I noticed you haven't left the cabin ever since we got here."

Selena exhaled. "I didn't want to see Nathaniel and his girlfriend."

"Yeah, but it's not like they're the only thing to see here." She says. "Eliza is worried about you. She'd already held a conversation with your brother and they have arranged that your clothes to be sent here."

Talon agreed to it? Selena never thought that her brother would throw her under the wheels of a running bus. With that knowledge, her chances of leaving pack Morris were getting slimmer by the minute.

"I see," she pauses. "Does Eliza know I'm Alpha Nathaniel's mate?"

"No, no one knows except the people who were in there and no one isn't that excited to spill the beans."

"They're enabling him to break the rules of every wolf." She dryly whispered.

"No, it's not like that." Lively sighed. "Katie and Nathaniel have always been together since they were kids. What they have is more than just fuck."

Selena silently glowered.

"That still doesn't explain why he won't accept my rejection and if he's so in love with Katie, why can't I just leave? I'm a prisoner here and no other words can sway that."