Chapter 3

Rosena blinked her eyes slowly and answered without hesitation.

"I'm just a passing traveler."

The man shut his mouth. He had a complicated look on his face as if it wasn't the answer he wanted.

Rosena shrugged her shoulders and gently pulled off his hand.

"First, I'll go to the village and get what we need."

When Rosena picked up the bag, the man looked up.

His face was invisible because of his hair tangled in blood, but somehow he looked like an abandoned beast.

"You are coming back.....?"

"I'll be here before sunset. As long as I don't get lost."

His face looked surprised and didn't expected
Rosena's words.

But he didn't tell Rosena not to go.

"Stay where you are."

Rosena glanced down at the man. It seemed difficult to stand up because of the severe injury anyway.

So Rosena left the man alone and hurriedly took a walk.

Squirrels who showed her the way earlier came running and covered Rosena's surroundings.

When she followed the squirrel, the end of the forest appeared in no time.

Rosena checked her location again and went straight down to the village.

The village wasn't that big, but there were a lot of things in the market.

First, Rosena was going to find a pharmacy. She bought medicine and bandages to heal wounds, and also bought food and water for a few days.

Although she was sad that she had to break the saved expenses, she vowed to get the interest later.

Wearing a puffy bag, Rosena went back into the forest.

The sun that was floating in the middle of the stream was already flowing to the west.

Rosena stopped for a moment. It was so full of white trees that it was difficult to get the direction.

She was searching for directions for a while, and the squirrels she saw earlier reappeared.

Squirrels whose tails were as white as the forest scenery circled around Rosena.

"Will you guide me?"

The squirrels took the lead after listening to Rosena.

Soon after, Rosena arrived at the place where she first met a man.

But there was nothing there, like an illusion.

Am I in the wrong place?

Rosena looked around. Then came a white tree with bloodstains at the end of the gaze.

It was the tree he was leaning on.

"Hmm."

Rosena crossed her arms. Maybe he left because he didn't believe in her.

The wounds were severe, so he couldn't have gone far.....

Rosena asked the squirrels huddled together with their knees bent.

"Do you know where he went?"

The squirrels looked at each other and shook their heads.

Rosena, who had been agonizing for a while, reached out her hand.

Then a bird circling through the air landed gently on Rosena's wrist.

"Can you guide me if you know?"