The, Uh Other Cheater

"Ill tell you later, gather your group, and meet me outside in five minutes." Smog replied, with a smile

~Ten years earlier~

"Dally, when you said you were going to take a shower for five minutes, I didn't think you would be in there for Ten Years!" A woman named Patty yelled to her son "I'm coming out, mom" Dally said, stepping out of the shower. Michel, Dallys dad threw him a towel. He was smoking a cigarette in the house. "Michel, if you don't get all that smog out of here, I'm going back to Austin!" Patty stated.

"The place or the guy?" Michel asked. With a grin, Patty rolled her eyes. "by the way, its called smoke, not smog" Michel said "Same difference, smoke, smog, tomayto tomahto " Matilda replied. "I like It! Everyone call me smog from Now on!" Dally said "No one's going to do that, you've been named Dally for 9 years, and that's how you'll stay." Michel said. He'll grow out of it, but until then, Ill see you at the rodeo, Smog" Patty said, with a giggle. Dally beamed with pride, happy to be acknowledged.

Patty left the barn on the hill, walking into town, she was greeted with a wave and a smile from all of the townsfolk. Everyone in town loved Patty, she walked up to an extremely sexy woman. "Good morning, my queen" Patty said, doing a little curtsey. "Shut up, Patty" The woman snapped with a smile. I may be a queen, but I'm not royalty. The two sat at a bar together. Patty ordered some white wine, and fish while the queen ordered Bison burger, with some corn and a glass of water.

"Want a sip?" Patty asked the Queen "No thank you, I Don't drink" The queen answered. "thats what everyone says at first!" Patty yelled, causing the entire bar to laugh. "Are you coming to the Rodeo?" Patty asked the Queen. "No, I'm just going to stay home and smoke some kinnikinnick to uhhhhh appease the bear spirit." The Queen said with a light laugh. Patty rolled her eyes, and laughed, "Have fun!" She yelled, leaving some money behind for the barkeep.

~A little while later~

Soon it was time for the rodeo Patty, Michel, and Dally took their seats. A man in a white mask, white cowboy hat, white boots, and pretty much white everything else. The man sat next to them "hows it going" Michel asked the guy. The Cowboy in white said nothing, staring at the rodeo. Michel shrugged, and lit a cigarette. A very tall Sasquatch tried to squeeze through the rows of people, pushing Dally and his family around. He accidentally touched Patty on the head.

Her entire body glowed a bright yellow for a second, and then it faded away. The Sasquatch looked at her with pain in his eyes. He jumped out of the rows of seats, and began to run away. "Huh. It's been awhile since I've seen someone use magic. I feel fine, so ill ignore it." Patty said Michel kept telling her that they should go to a doctor and see what the Sasquatch did, but she said no. "I came here to see the rodeo with my husband and son, and that what I'm going to do." She said, sternly.

~2 and 1/2 hours later~

Dally and his family finished watching the rodeo, and were leaving their seats, to go home when suddenly The Cowboy in white pulled out a gun and pointed it at Dallys head. "Would you spear a head for the dead?" He asked. "Hey don't do anything you might regret... Michel said, using his ability to ignite his handed in blazing fire. "You cant hurt me, I'm a ghoul, you see." Michel threw a ball of fire at the white gunslinger. It passed right through him, like he said. Us Ghouls can pass through anything, anything at all, So none of your attacks will hurt me, big or small. The gunslinger explained.

"Are... are you rhyming???" Patty asked, "Ah yes, It is my curse, bestowed upon me by Margret, I asked her to make it so I'd never miss a target." The White gunslinger said. "You've never missed?" Michel asked "I asked a witch to fulfill my wish and now the work Is done, she didn't notify me of Side effects, in the end it seems she won." The gunslinger rhymed "Please, kill me instead, leave my boy alone" Patty yelled, tears flowing from her eyes. Each year I rise from the dead to take the life of a child, I'm sorry I cannot help you, ma'am but killing you would be wild." The ghoul said

Then finally, The gunslinger pulled the trigger, shooting Dally in the head three times but something strange happened, the bullets passed right trough him, leaving behind a smoky trail, and three holes in his head Patty, who was standing behind collapsed to her knees, spitting blood out out her mouth. The white gunslinger screamed a cry that would strike terror into the hearts of the fearless "I WILL BE BACK!!!" The gunslinger yelled. He disappeared into the the ground, without a trace

Patty slumped over, hitting the floor. A puddle of blood leaked from her body. "I love you both" She said in a shaky voice. "Now put out that thing, Michel" She said, referring to his cigarette "There's only one type of smog that I care about she said, looking Dallly in the eye. She felt her life drain from her body but in a different way than a typical death. The bullets pulled her very life force into them, leaving her a dry gray husk.

Dally and his father took the body, a buried it next to the barn, where they lived. The following week there was a big funeral, the entire town came to pay their respects to the woman they cared for so dearly.They looked for someone, anyone to blame and they found Dally, who now went by Smog, in memory of his mother.

Smogs father never blamed him, he blamed his ability, which allowed smog to turn his body into smoke at will. However, in order to not be seen as an outcast, along with his son he faked his resentment. "I could have saved her, if only I was there..." The cowboy Queen said to Michel as she drank heavily. "Don't blame the magic of that evil gunslinger, and my sons terrible ability." Michel said. "Well would you have preferred Dally getting shot?" The Queen asked, staring intently into Michels eyes.

"No, but I think that death was cheated today." Michel murmured