Chapter 19

I followed Tommy's instructions to where I needed to go.

As I reached a creepy drawn circle in the middle of the forest I knew I was there. 'Step inside of it and wait' was the last of what Tommy told me.

So I went into it, as much as Tommy wasn't a trustworthy person, I had a feeling this wasn't a trap.

I stood in it for what felt like ages.

Out of nowhere I heard a voice ringing in my ear, I couldn't see anyone, just a voice. "Did you miss me (Y/n)?"

My name rattled off their tongue and realization struck. I had met DreamXD once before, before I knew it was him. He was the one speaking to me in the afterlife.

He is some god.

"I wouldn't particularly call myself that," he hissed in my ear, "Oh you have come to ask me to save Dream."

My head began to hurt so much I screeched, it felt like someone was squishing my brain.

DreamXD could read my thoughts. Tommy wasn't wrong when he described him as powerful enough to get Dream out of prison.

"Name your price," I said weakly, still trying to recover from the pain, I needed to get this over with as soon as possible.

"You have something I am particularly interested in. It's called tenebris oculi."

What the fuck is that.

He continues probably aware of my cluelessness, "A long time ago there was a man who had it too. He was a warrior and a good one as well. Almost too good. Well one day one of his friends made him angry, and it was said that his eyes clouded into darkness before he eventually walked away from the encounter. His friend told others about the strange occurrence but they all brushed it off as something to do with lighting. However a month later the man got a letter stating his wife died back home."

I think I am going to throw up.

"No one could chalk it up to lighting after that because he destroyed everything and everyone in sight, all with darkness clouding his sight. He couldn't tell who his friends were or who his enemies were. He never went back to normal, the evil becoming who he was. He became an ancient story after that but he was very real." I could almost hear his smile, "You have that darkness too (Y/n)."

Tommy must've heard the story before, he saw my eyes. That's why he apologized. 'I am sorry for making you like this' .

Then he sent me here, into the hands of DreamXD.

All it took was one terrible event to bring that man into a spiral. I was one terrible event from it too.

"I am nothing like that man."

"Oh but you are."

I knew it too. I could feel it. Something dark was always apart of me, something I didn't ever want to admit to myself. But it wasn't dormant anymore and it became real.

"Then if that is what you want, take it from me. I will gladly let you have it."

His laugh boomed through the forest. "What are you without it? Have you ever wondered why Dream was attracted to you in the first place? You guys are the same side of the same coin."

Maybe he was right about that.

"What do you want then?"

"I want to bet on you. For twenty-four hours you will be under the influence of the tenebris oculi by my activation. I will let Dream out of the prison and if you don't kill him in a day's time, you win."

I remember what he said about the man that possessed the same awful trait. That I won't be able to tell the difference between the people I love and the ones I don't. That I would kill Dream.

"I call it the Lover Games." DreamXD laughed until he noticed I didn't find it funny at all, "George taught me jokes, so don't blame me if it is bad."

The idea of him knowing George either made me trust him more or less. I didn't know which one.

"If I lose?"

"Then you will stay under the influence of it forever and be at my will to use when I feel like it."

My stomach dropped. This wasn't a light decision. No, it would cost many lives if I couldn't stop myself from killing Dream.

He wanted me to be his personal dog, doing anything he tells me to do.

But I was no one's bitch.

I am (Y/n) (Y/ln), I am strong and I am going to get through this. I am more than the darkness that lingers inside of me and I will prove it. If not for myself but for Dream.

I am betting on me.