𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

{𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 : 𝟷𝟷/𝟸𝟼/𝟸𝟷 }✔︎

Annabella and Jennie take a short bathroom break before heading out toward the food court. Anna's new guardian, Mr. De La Cruz, told Jennie that he and her brothers would meet them at the Mac Donald's food stand. After looking around for a bit, Anna and Jennie noticed a big sign with tons of stickers and glitter on it, balloons on the sides of the holding, and in large print, Welcome Home Annabella.

Annabella's eyes gleamed in excitement as she looked up at Jennie, looking almost as if she was saying, 'can we say hi now?'''' Jennie laughs full-heartedly and guides Anna to her new family. "Mrs. Jennifer, is that right?" Anthony extended his hand for the woman to shake. "Yes, sir, but you can call me Jennie. Can I have proof of identification?" Anthony nods while showing him his ID.

Jennie smiles and hands him back his card, "Thank you, I would like to speak with you privately before you take Annabella with you?" When Jennie looked behind her to see if she could motion anna to speak with the other boys, she only found that she was gone. Jennie's heart dropped but soon recovered when she heard tiny giggles; she peaks around Anthony to find her and the boys speaking to each other like they've known each other for years.

Jennie couldn't help the smile that appeared on her lips; she brought her attention back to the man in front of her; he toward over and was built head to toe with muscle. Without a doubt, he was a handsome man. Jennie and Anthony walked away a few meters away from the boys and Anne so they could talk freely. She gives him different documents to sign and a folder with Anne's medical records, birth certificate, SSN, and other documents that state his guardianship to her.

After he signed the last piece of paperwork, Jennie had one more thing to tell him. She is sure he knows and is dreading, but as part of her job, she has to do what's best for the child even if she disagrees with the system methods.

"Mr. De La Cruz, I'm sure your aware of Anna and your mother's-"

"That woman was not my mother." he injects bitterly. Jennie isn't sure how to respond to that and chooses that it's not of her business and continues, "Right, Anna's mother unfortunate accident that took place a few weeks ago." He nods, "Unfourtanly, Mrs. De La Cruz did not make it. Anna, however, is..." Jennie glances back at the table and see's Anna eating chicken nuggets while her brothers are talking. She has the biggest smile on her face, and her eyes sparkle more than she's ever seen.

"Anna is very much unaware that her mom is dead." Jennie's voice was out just above a whisper, trying to hold back the unshed tears. Jennie knows she shouldn't be this bothered about Anna's situation. She's only 5, and having a mother figure in your life is an important factor in a child's life. And Anna is not even getting that. It's heartbreaking, and no one deserves to go through that.

"Social services agreed that as her guardian, you should be the one to tell her." A tear slipped from her eyes, but as soon as it appeared, she wiped it away, trying to stay professional. She takes a deep breath in and out, trying to suppress her emotions, "I'm sorry to put this pressure on you, but I know how much you love her, and I know that you will give her the best life."

She looks up at him, his face slightly softening at the woman's slight attachment to his little sister. "I would remind you to remember that she is only 5 years old. She needs that extra attention and comfort."

"I'm aware, and I promise I'll take good care of her."  Jennie smiles once more; they walk back to the group, and Jennie bids Anna one last goodbye. "Mrs. Jennie, you'll come to visit, right?"

"Of course, I'll see you soon, love." Jennie and the family part ways. Jennie's heavy heart was lifted; she had faith that these men will be able to give her the best life any little girl could ask for.

*******

A/N

This chapter was more like a little filler; that's why it was a bit short. The next chapter will be Annabella's P.O.V.😚

Thank you for reading!!🥰