ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

YEARS COULD GO BY, even decades but I would never forget the voice of the boy that was my best friend

YEARS COULD GO BY, even decades but I would never forget the voice of the boy that was my best friend. The boy who was my family when I had none.

His calming and soft voice that would make me feel safe.

I take a step back as my face show nothing but shock. I look into his mesmerizing brown eyes, my best friend's brown eyes. The ones I've desired to see since the day he left.

Slowly I make my way towards him ignoring my family's curious stares. Tears build in my eyes threatening to escape but I blink them away.

My hand approached his cheeks touching his skin proving it is not my imagination and he is here. In front of me.

He leans his head on my hand as realization crashes through me. He left me.

The hand that was touching his skin drops on my side. Without a second thought my hand made its way to his face again.

But this time I slapped him. Not giving him time to react I hugged the life out of him.

We look at each other before bursting into a fit of laughter. Gabriella and Santiago, Javier's parents, look at us with amusement  and adoration while my family look at us weirdly.

I walk towards Gabriella hugging her before doing the same to Santiago.

"I missed you mamá and papá." I say smiling at them.

I've known them for a really long time. Every time I went to Javier's house they would be there and would treat me like their own daughter.

I know that Santiago is the Don of the Spanish Mafia and that Javier is the heir. They were the ones that taught me how to fight.

They never forced me to be involved in the Mafia or any illegal things, they just decided it was best for me to know how to defend myself or how to use guns and knives if one day I needed.