Chapter 6

"I'll go." The tall man in the horse mask spoke up and stepped forward.

Black ski mask backed out of the way as Horse mask walked forward and down the line of prisoners. Horse mask walked all the way to the far side of the room, and towards a cowering man who was in his late forties or early fifties, with patchy dark hair.

"Please just let me go." The man pleaded as Horse mask picked him up and led him over to the chair that us hostages have been sitting on. "Please, I have a family."

"Yeah, and we just killed one, so clearly we don't care." Horse mask snapped back, pushing the man onto the chair. Horse mask passed the controller to the man and then sat down with the other controller.

I'm not sure if men at that age even played video games, I hope they do, because I really don't want to witness anymore death. I'm so desperate that I'm really tempted to just get myself killed, and get things done faster. I'm most likely gonna lose and die down here with all the other people who lost. Why did the masked people have to kill the losers? Why not just give the winners a prize, like they usually do? Or maybe even make the losers pay for a dinner or something. But that's what a normal human being would do, and these weren't normal human beings.

Five, four, three, two, one... go.

I closed my eyes once again, not wanting to watch anymore of this. Kyle reached out to me again, I took his hand again and held onto it like a lifeline. I could hear the sounds of the men spamming buttons, it seemed way louder with my eyes closed. A minute later, all the guys in the masks were cheering. I didn't even have to open my eyes to see that the man lost.

I finally opened my eyes to see that Clown mask and Horse mask both held down the man, in the same spot as the mother. Looking over at Black ski mask, I saw that he was now whispering to Rabbit mask. When they were both done discussing whatever they were talking about, Rabbit mask handed over his small axe over to Black ski mask. After doing this, Rabbit mask walked over to the man, and bent down to hold his hands down to the ground.

"Don't worry, we're gonna make this as painful as possible." Black ski mask made his way as slow as possible over to the man, while flipping the axe in his hands, making everything really dramatic.

The man continued to plead for his life and wrestle against the masked people, as Rabbit mask stuffed the same cloth that was in the mothers mouth, into his mouth.

I still couldn't believe this was all happening. I probably won't be able to believe any of this, these things only happen in horror movies.

Black ski mask finally made it to the man and knelt beside Rabbit mask. "You lost."

Black ski mask raised the axe high, just as he had done with the hammer, and brought it down on the man's middle finger. I couldn't see that well because the masked men were all in the way, but I could definitely see and smell all the new added blood. I could also hear the man's screams, and I knew they must have cut something right off. Black ski mask stood up with new blood covering him, and I saw in one of his hands the bloody axe, and in the other was the man's middle finger.

Black ski mask inspected the finger before turning to us. He walked down the line, before stopping in front of a man in his sixties. Black ski mask held the finger out to the older man. "Take a bite."

I was shocked. Not only did this man want us to play a game and die, but he also wanted us to eat someone? These people were absolutely sick.

The man looked at the finger in terror and disgust. "No."

Black ski mask put the axe in the waistband of his pants and grabbed the pistol he used to kill the girl and turned back to the man. "I said take a bite." He pressed the gun against the man's head. "If you don't take a bite, I'll shoot your brains out, like I had that girl."

The old man took a deep breath before taking the finger with a shaking hand.

I couldn't watch anymore, so I turned away from what was happening, for I was gonna be sick. Kyle moved closer to me, which did kind of help. I heard the masked people all laugh and the old man cough and spit, and I knew it was over, he had taken that bite.

"Perfect, perfect." Black ski mask turned away from the man, and back over to the other man, the one missing the finger.

I had completely forgotten about him. He had stopped screaming and was now whimpering on the ground, clutching his injured hand. Black ski mask stopped in front of him and looked down, laughing.

"I suppose I'll put you out of your misery." Black ski mask raised the bloody axe and brought it down on the man's head.

The man fell down to the ground with the axe sticking out of his head. Fresh blood spilled out of the wound the axe had created, staining the ground a permanent red color.

Black ski mask let out one last laugh before turning to us hostages again.  "Time for another game."