Chapter 44 - I Love You

"Momma!" Alura says again, happily, trying to wiggle out of Kara's arms to move over to Lena.

"Hello, darling." Lena smiles with tears in her eyes. Lena is just overwhelmed, as not only has she just been through a traumatic life or death experience, but this is her first time seeing Alura, who she loves so much, in almost a month.

"Be careful Alura." Kara says to her daughter, as she lets her go, allowing the young girl to move over to Lena.

Alura then quickly moves to Lena's side, but then makes sure to be very gentle when approaching Lena. Lena in turn opens up her free arm and encourages Alura to lean on her right side, away from the bullet wound. Alura then happily lays down, her head resting on Lena's chest, with Lena taking her in for a hug.

"I missed you momma." Alura says.

"I missed you to. So much." Lena replies, tears running down her face.

Kara watches the interaction between her daughter and the woman she loves and just has so many feelings come to her. Kara firstly feels happy, because she gets to see this incredible intimate moment where Alura and Lena finally both get something they have clearly been wanting for a while, their reconnection with each other. But then at the same time, Kara feels guilt build up in her stomach. Kara feels guilty because she knows that she is the reason that Lena and Alura have been kept apart, kept from sharing their love for each other. Of course, Kara knows that it was really the red substances' fault, but that really doesn't make it any better in Kara's mind, it doesn't stop the guilt. All Kara knows is that things are not going to be simple for her, or Lena, moving forward. The two of them are going to have to try and talk things through, and sort through their feelings about everything that happened, and then hopefully they can be together like they were before, stronger than ever. But for now, that talk can wait for another time. All Kara cares about in this moment is that Lena is okay, and Alura is happy.

Lena leans her head down so she can place several kisses on the top of Alura's head.

"Please don't leave again momma." Alura says, so innocently.

Lena can't help but let out a small sob upon hearing that.

"I won't... I.... I'm so sorry Alura.... I'm so sorry I ever made you cry.... I'm sorry I got scared when you called me momma.... It... it had nothing to do with you..... it was my fault.... But... if you still want to.... and it is okay with mommy.... I'd love nothing more in this word, than to be your momma." Lena says, looking at Kara for her approval.

Kara smiles back at Lena, with tears in her eyes, giving Lena a nod of approval, letting her know it is okay with her if she wants to be Alura's momma.

"You're my momma, and I love you." Alura says, snuggling her head further into Lena's chest.

Lena lets out another audible sob of happiness, due to Alura's words.

"I love you too darling, so much. I promise, I will never leave you again. You are my daughter. You have a piece of my heart, and you always will, no matter what." Lena says.

Alura and Lena just continue to hug for a few more minutes, while Kara just watches on with a big smile on her face. Eventually Lena just hugs Alura to her chest with her left hand, and then reaches her right hand out in Kara's direction. Kara smiles at the gesture, and takes Lena's hand in her own, moving closer to the woman she loves.

"What happened.... while I was unconscious?" Lena asks.

Kara opens her mouth to begin talking, but before she can, she is interrupted by Alura.

"I saved you momma! Like how you saved me!" Alura says with a big smile, as she backs away from Lena's chest, looking her in the face.

In response Lena grows a confused look on her face.