six

Eloise couldn't speak to James the entire day, he loved Lily and she had a doe patronus. She knew what that meant obviously. She didn't want to admit it though.

It had only been 3 weeks since she got to Hogwarts and her and James were by far the closest but after 3 weeks it's still totally platonic.

He just stopped chasing Lily.

Dinner time came around quick and the most that happened between the two was a couple glances, there was no doubt they thought that each other were attractive but nothing could happen yet.

"Eventful day wasn't it guys." Remus says trying to cut out the awkwardness.

Sirius spat out his water. Something told them that there was something happening between them two, they flirted far too much and looked at each other with adoring eyes for it to be just friends.

"So what were everyone else's patronus' James, El I think the whole school and their mums know yours by now." Mila said causing them both to blush a light pink with a small smirk emerging on their lips.

"Wolf, obv- I mean I already knew that." Remus covered it up.

"Rat, not surprised, guess it just fits." Peter laughs.

"Black dog, ironic isn't it." Sirius said completely oblivious.

"Padfoot, that's your animagi form you numpty." James said whilst smacking him over the head with a copy of the Daily Prophet.

No reply.

"Oh shit yeah!" Sirius came to the realisation after a painful two minutes.

✨🌞✨

Eloise was finally in the comfort of her bed, she lay awake thinking about the day and especially about that lesson.

"Can't sleep?" Lily whispers to Eloise.

She just shakes her head.

"You want to go to the kitchens to get a cuppa?" Lily asks.

Eloise nods her head, it wasn't like Lily to break rules so she must need to get something off her chest.

They got there without being spotted, luckily because she was not about to go knock on James' dorm door asking for the cloak.

The girls sat at the table with their tea and took a breathe.

"It was a cat." Lily mumbled.

Eloise made a hmm noise.

"My patronus was a cat. The same as Marlene's." Lily said anxiously.

"Oh. Oh. Lil-"

Lily looked as if she was about to cry, she must've been holding it in for hours.

Eloise just hugged her.

"It was third year when I realised I didn't like boys, like at all. So when Potter started asking me out nonstop I was revolted. Not because he wasn't good looking because everyone can admit he annoyingly is but I was revolted because he absolutely was not my type." Lily explained. "I know I'm probably putting a lot on you especially with only knowing you for almost a month but you are one of my best friends El, I can trust you."

"Lil, what you just did was incredible, you know I once heard someone say 'every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place' ." Eloise says, she was unbelievably proud of Lily in times like this with prejudice against all sexualities, races and many other things, she was incredibly brave to do what she did.

The girls hugged tightly, their bond just grew a lot stronger.

Lily wipes her tear. "Enough about me we need to address what happened to you."

For a good 10 minutes Eloise forgot about that.

"Me and James are platonic, I haven't known him long enough to say I like him. I mean he's good looking, smart, funny but it's too soon. What I produced from the patronus charm told me differently though, I read once that matching patronus' meant that the pair were soulmates, you know, made for each-other. What if it's right? You know what if we are soulmates?" Eloise says, she sounds unbelievably nervous.

"Then that's how it works out, go with the flow El, life works in mysterious ways and if James is your soulmate the universe will find a way for you two, it always does."

"I saw Marlene's patronus, it was a cat, so the same goes for you Lil." Eloise says.

Lily nods her head. "Let's go to bed."

The two girls walk back in a comfortable silence.

"Night Lil."

"Night El."

A/N

I'm sobbing

My favourite chapter so far

Don't you just love Lily Evans?

Okay I have the funniest story so skip if you don't want it but read if you do.

Today we got a new chem teacher our old one had to leave to have a child
Me and my friend read the same fanfic called polar attraction by Evemildred

If you haven't read it it's amazing! The whole series is.

Anyway one of the jokes is 'sexy professor' so we were manifesting a fit teacher and as we said it we walked in to an ELDERLY MAN we just looked at eachother and burst out laughing.

Anyway you probably don't care but it was funny at the time, goodnight ily