-2.7 eighties night

chapter twenty-seven!

"DATE NIGHT? FRIDAY?" questioned Alex with her eyebrows raised. Miguel nodded in confirmation. Alex laughed, giving Miguel a hesitant smile. They were in the mall— not to buy anything, just to waste time— their hands intertwined, when he randomly asked her to go out with him on a date. It would be their first date— officially, of course. They'd been on many unofficial dates. "You know I have to work."

"Until 7:00," he reminded with a sly grin. Alex sighed, realizing where this was going. Miguel wasn't about to give up, and she knew she was going to give in sooner or later. "We could go afterwards. Then maybe I could man-up and ask you to be my girlfriend."

"Ooh, now that sounds tempting," she teased. She paused, stroking her imaginary beard before giving him a smile. "What if I just went ahead and asked you to be my boyfriend?"

"Right here? Right now?" he asked, slowing to a stop and spinning her around, pulling her close to him. He looked down at her with a mock frown as she nodded. "Well, I'm afraid I would have to say yes."

"Well, Mr. Miguel Diaz," started, backing up so she could dramatically get on one knee before him. Miguel let out a loud, obnoxious gasp, drawing the attention of a few people who were walking by. "After this long unnecessary wait, I feel that I cannot wait any longer to ask."

Miguel laughed at her theatricals, as did the group of people who were now surrounding them. He heard someone "whoop!" then shout about defying gender roles.

A person running a nearby flower-booth handed a yellow flower to Alex, the girl giving the man an appreciative smile before handing the flower to Miguel. "Miguel, my best friend, my soulmate, my binge-watching-partner... the Peter to my MJ, the Kendall to my Jo, the Sam to my Eileen, would you please, please, please be my boyfriend?"

"Boy, if you don't say yes then I will!" shouted some girl from the growing crowd. Miguel felt his face go red— he hadn't realized just how much of a crowd they had attracted.

"Yes, Alex, I will be your boyfriend," he grinned, holding out his hand to help her off the ground. He pulled her into a quick kiss, the shouts of people in the mall making the Alex bury her head into his shoulder after pulling away. "Will you still go on the date with me, though? It's 80s night at the roller rink and I know you're dying to dress up as Heather McNamara."

"You got this idea from Tory, didn't you?" asked Alex, knowing that her cousin worked at the roller rink and probably gave Miguel the date idea. Not that she minded— she loves the 80s and roller skating. Miguel nodded, somewhat sheepishly. "Yeah, sure. I'll go with you on a date, boyfriend."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Mrs. LaRusso.... do you know why there's a bunch of teenagers cleaning the cars?" asked Alex as she approached her boss. Amanda was standing in somewhat shock, the few guys that she was talking to moving over to inspect some of the cars. Amanda shook her head giving Alex a confused look before looking at Mr. LaRusso, who was approaching the pair.

"No, honey, I don't," answers the woman. "but I'm sure we're about to find out."

"Hey, Mr. L," grinned Alex with a nervous smile, looking around him to see some of her friends cleaning the cars. Demetri, Robby, Sam, Noah and Chris were all amongst the kids who were scrubbing down the cars, making her realize that it was the Miyagi-Do kids who were doing the work. Daniel gave Alex a grin, turning to his wife, who gave him an unimpressed look.