-2.9 party! yay?

chapter twenty-nine!

"A PARTY? You want me to help you throw a party?" asked Alex. Moon had showed up at the diner during Alex's shift, specifically to hatch a plan that she figured Alex would approve of. The idea was to get both Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do to go to a party together so they can learn to get along and not fight. Alex thought it was a good idea, but figured Moon was out of her mind to ask her for help. Alex knew absolute shit about parties, seeing as how she never went to any.

Moon nodded, grinning brightly at the girl she called her best friend, "Yeah, I mean, you don't support the fighting either so I thought you could help me to convince some of them to come. I know you're close to a lot of them."

"Yeah..." she agreed. Alex wasn't sure how she could do this— Xolani was still in the hospital and Alex still was taking overtime in both of her jobs. With her mom sick and the visit to her dad, she wasn't in the mood to party, either.

"Please," pouted Moon as Jamie handed Alex three plates of food to take to a table. Alex sighed, adjusting the plates on her arm so
they wouldn't fall. She couldn't say no to Moon— she really couldn't. Moon was just too sweet to turn down.

"Okay. When do you want to have this thing?"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

They scheduled the party for the only day that Alex had an evening off of work. Moon bought everything— the beer, the snacks, etc. Alex offered to pay for some, even though she was barely affording to pay rent, but Moon insisted that she paid— especially since the party was her idea.

Alex invited Miguel, Casey and Tory, telling them that they could bring the rest of Cobra Kai too. Tory was a little suspicious, seeing as how Alex definitely wasn't the type to even go to a party, more or less throw one. Moon invited Miyagi-Do and a few other kids, so the party would be nice and lively.

Alex wished she could say that she was excited, but she was absolutely dreading this. Her mind was constantly on her mother. What if something happened while she wasn't there? Alex felt sick. She had no right to be at a party while her mother was fighting for her life.

People started showing up not long after Moon confirmed that Sam was coming. Cobra Kai showed up first, however, and Miguel was more than thrilled to hang out with his girlfriend. He didn't get much of a chance to do that, though, due to the fact that Casey and Tory (who were really good friends at this point) stole her away from him as soon as they saw her. He was kind of stuck fourth wheeling.

"So how's Aunt 'Lani?" asked Tory as the group of four sat on the pavement outside. By now, basically everyone knew about Xolani Ramirez being in the hospital. Both Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai have been worried about the girl, as they all knew how much her mother meant to her. They'd also all picked up on the fact that Alex was consistently stressed. Only a handful of people (Miguel, Casey, Seth, Tory, Moon, Sam and Robby, to be exact) knew about her visit to see Carl, and that specific group of people were even more concerned with her well-being.

"It's, uh, touch-and-go kinda thing. Some days she seems fine and other days she's sicker than I've ever seen," she sighed, making Casey wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her into a side-hug. Tory gave Alex's other hand a squeeze, knowing somewhat of how she feels. Miguel sat on the other side of Casey, not really having to do anything for her to know that he's comforting her from a distance. This is one of the main differences she noticed between her relationship with Noah and her relationship with Miguel. Her and Miguel didn't constantly need to be touching to show their affection. Her and Noah were constantly holding hands, hugging, kissing, and being physically together. Sure, and her and Miguel did all of that stuff too, but they seemed to be emotionally together as well. They'd find comfort in simply the idea of each other.