045. broken

S O R R Y

xlv||broken

xlv||broken

They hadn't talked much since they slept together, mostly because James was home all the time, Lily having resorted to visiting them instead because of her sister Petunia. Maria had felt guilty after, remembering her and Regulus' night in Paris, when she'd convinced herself everything would be fine. Sirius had mixed feelings about it, he also felt guilty for laying hands on her even when she wanted him to. Never had he imagined he'd do something like that, especially not when he saw how much his brother loved the girl, but then again, he doesn't know how he feels about Maria Potter. There's always been something there, but Sirius knows that it's Regulus she's meant to be with, no matter how she feels about him, she'll always feel more for his brother.

Maria has actually been avoiding him, resulted in going on walks with Remus and Peter through the muggle village to get hot chocolate in the small café on the corner of the street.

Today, they're going to the Weasley house for Molly and Arthur's wedding anniversary and Mary is doing Maria's hair as she sits quietly at her vanity desk, twirling Regulus' ring around her finger. Mary sighs when she notices Maria looking at the ring, seeing how the Potter seems deep in thought.

"All right, what happened now?" Mary asks, sitting on the desk and Maria looks up at her and lets out a deep breath.

"Promise not to tell?"

"Cross my heart." Mary smiles softly and Maria sighs, playing with the ring again.

"I slept with Sirius."

"What?!"

"Shhh!" Maria hisses at her, bringing a finger to her lips and Mary whispers a couple of 'sorry's. "There was wine—I wasn't thinking, oh god—Regulus? What if he—"

Mary shushes her and quickly brings her into a hug as tears fall from her eyes.

"Hey—hey, shh." Mary whispers, grabbing Maria's face and forcing her to look at her. "It's all right, you're hurt it's okay."

"No—it's not." Maria shakes her head. "He's his brother, Mary. I can't believe I did that. . ."

"It's gonna be fine, Mari." Mary soothes, smoothing down the Potter girl's hair. "It's okay to feel that way, but don't blame yourself. . .but like. . .was it good?"

Maria gives her an incredulous look, "Mary—you literally had sex with him downstairs in our utility room."

Mary laughs slightly and reluctantly nods, "yeah—but he likes you, he didn't like me."

"You broke up with him because he's a Scorpio!" Maria laughs and Mary joins in her laughter, almost falling over a small pile of books.

"I was going through my astrology phase!" Mary defends between cackles.