𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗.

Y/N's POV

Tonight, I would be on night patrol with Isagi. As I got ready, I wondered if he would end up falling asleep at some point. I've pulled many all-nighters before, so this was no problem from me.

"Good night," I said to everyone as they got ready to go to bed. I received some "good night's" back. It was only around 9 PM, but they were all tired.

While climbing up the ladder to get to the roof, a yawn escaped me. Huh? Why am I yawning? I can't be that tired, can I?

"As I heard you say, 'All that I want is to be yours ~'"

My body froze at the sound of Isagi's soft singing.

"Falling in love ~ Falling in love ~ Deeper than I've... felt it before with you, baby ~ I feel I'm... falling in love with all my heart ~"

This song... It's "Falling in Love" by Cigarettes After Sex. Something about it sounded melancholic, even though the song itself was a nice love song. I didn't want to interrupt Isagi's singing, so I stayed quiet and decided to wait for him to finish the song, but he noticed me rather quickly.

"Y/n?"

"Hi..." I awkwardly smiled.

"I-I forgot you were on night patrol with me, haha..." Isagi nervously laughed as I sat down next to him with Raichi's gun in my hand.

"I love that song too, you know."

"Aw really? I really admire your music taste," Isagi smiled. He seemed really nervous and out of place, creating an awkward tension between the both of us.

"Raichi finally entrusted his beloved gun to you, huh?" I could tell he was now trying to change the subject.

"Yeah," I replied, going along with it. Deep inside my mind, I couldn't get over his soothing singing. One question lingered in my head most of all: Why that song of all songs?

"So um... Why that song? Why not 'Apocalypse' by Cigarettes After Sex?" I asked, speaking my mind. That song fit our current world after all.

Isagi was not functioning normally. He was giving me nervous smiles and sort of stuttering like crazy. I suddenly became self conscious of myself, thinking my presence had something to do with this abnormal behavior of his. Did I... do something wrong to make him this way?

"I - Well, you see... haha, um... It's just, you know -"

"Are you actually falling in love with someone?" I joked. Isagi stopped stuttering, instead staring at the ground with a nervous smile plastered across his face. Wait, it was just a joke -

"Yeah?"

I don't know why, but at that moment, something in me secretly hoped that it was me he had a crush on. I was the only girl among everyone here, but there was that chance Isagi liked boys.

"Oh, um..." I wanted to ask "who was it?" so badly, but restrained myself. "That's... nice."

Now it was my turn to feel nervous and stare at the ground. I eventually cleared my throat, turning my body to face forward instead of Isagi.

"Tell me more about your music taste." Now I was the one who was trying to change the subject. How did Isagi and I completely switch personalities in under 5 minutes?

"Well... Where should I start with that..."

"How about you tell me some songs you liked listening to at night?"

With that question, a whole conversation bloomed, washing away the somewhat embarrassing moment we both experienced earlier. Isagi and I shared similar music tastes, making this conversation a really easy one to enjoy. We switched from topic to topic like best friends, it was one of the funnest feelings in the world.