#44

(We're going fast in this one so buckle your seatbelts folks. Please vote and comment <3) 

Spencer just left for another case, he was really upset over leaving you alone. You assured him you weren't alone. The two humans inside of you were sure to remind you every minute they could. He called you a lot. He said they were close to finding the guy. You had stayed at home just reading to the humans, it seemed to calm them down. 

You recently finished 'The Red and The Black' which is super long 600 pages all by Stendhal not the easiest thing to read. The fetus' really enjoyed it they didn't kick at all when you read. Spence said it was because you were calm but you thought the baby geniusis loved books. 

You currently are just relaxing; playing some old songs on the piano. You are 34 weeks pregnant and it is as great as you imagined. This shit sucks. You had to go to the hospital last week over what you thought to be contractions but ended up just being braxton hicks. 

You suddenly got that feeling again. The extreme pressure. This time it was worse. You looked at the clock just to track them. This one was 23 seconds long and the last one was 8 minutes ago. You kept playing, calming the tiny things down. Another 7.5 minutes go by and the pain comes back. "It's just braxton hicks" you thought. You started reading to hopefully calm you down. 

You were hoping Spencer was right about the whole reading calming you down thing. They started to get closer and last longer. You decided to go to the hospital anyway. You got in the car and drove to the nearest hospital. It was 9 minutes and 23 seconds away if you followed the speed limit, Spencer drilled that into your head. 

You were wincing at the pain at a 48 second long one that you had in the middle of the drive. You finally got safely to the hospital you walked to the maternity area, and got admitted. You were waiting on a doctor when you decided to call someone. 

"Hey Pen" 

"Hey Y/n. The team just left to go bring the unsub in." 

"That's perfect." you said wincing at the new one approaching. "I'm at the hospital I'm pretty sure it's just braxton Hicks. I just thought maybe I should tell someone." 

"I have your location see you in 10." She said, hanging up. You waited for the doctor which was shortly after the call, he was checking to see if you dailated. 

"It looks like you are 2 centimeters dialated, we're going to have to induce you just because it's so premature." He said. 

"Oh ok, the father isn't here right now can we wait a while?" You asked. 

"Yes, we have enough time to wait. Would you like and epidural to ease the pain?" 

"As soon as possible." He left and you were left alone. Another one came. The thought of Spence not being here for the birth of his own children made you feel sick. You were left with your thoughts, none being very optimistic. I mean if he did make it, which the chances of that are small considering he is 4 hours away by jet, you were starting to scare yourself. 

Birth in general is terrifying but these twins are going to be premies what if they don't make it in time for him to meet them. What if, he doesn't make it and it somehow destroys your relationship. STOP with the what if's they aren't helping. 

"Hello?" A familiar voice belonging to Pen said from the doorway. You looked up at her and she ran over to your side. "I told Emily so she could tell boy wonder, they are getting on the jet as we speak." She said the reassuring fact that they are going to be on the jet soon relieving some of your stress. And ultimately eliminating a lot of the possibliteis you came up with.