16

November 20th, 1952

I ended up deciding it would be best to wait for my next date, all I'd get out of rushing was a mess for makeup and a tangle for hair. And that would be even more embarrassing than just showing up late. Although, I do have one problem.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to find the guy.

James was pretty alright. I don't know if I'll keep him in the running much longer, but at least he's got the pity down. Plus, who knows what the next jerks will be like. I'm sure they'll probably be first in line to go. Once in awhile I just sit and think about how fucking weird it is that I'm here. But there's not much to do but wait. I always kind of wanted to be an actress, although I guess this isn't the best way to get out there. Although, concealing my identity so I can stay alive is a relative start, I'd say.

I finish my scone, that I'm pretty sure I'll never get sick of, as goes for all the buttery food here. I must've gained, like, 8 pounds since I got here. But I swear, it's so worth it. I bring myself from bed, and as I reach out for the doorknob, I hear one single knock before I open the door to be greeted by Oliver. He grins.

"Waiting for me?" He asks.

"Still cocky, I presume." I shut the door behind me and step out into the clattering, busy morning hall with him. "What's up?" Shit, not to sound like a nerd or anything.

He just laughs my awkwardness off. "I'm guessing you didn't realize you missed our second date."

"Second? Pardon me for not remembering our first."

"Y'know, when you kissed me?" He slowly grins, as I just raise my eyebrows and laugh.

"Unbelievable. But hey, I'm actually pretty sorry I um, missed the date. I didn't know it was you."

"So that'd change something?" He still grins.

I shake my head, smiling myself. I like this one. "No, all I'm asking is if you'd like to make it up- because I actually don't have any dates today." I hate how much it feels like a 'rest day' during a workout program. The same relieved feeling, too.

"That would be fine. Does a car ride sound like enough for you?" I'm slightly taken back by the lack of laughter for that one, but he notices and smirks. "What, I'm sorry, is that not cool enough for you?"

"Oh, no, no. It's just... creative. I'll take it. Give me a minute to grab my bag-"

"No, you shouldn't really even need anything. Leave it to me."

"Alright then, sir, lead the way!" I pompously say, and we continue to joke as we make our way through the castle, just like that night.

Maybe not just.

꧁꧂

Oliver brings me around the side of the castle, and a white Bentley R-Type Continental waits on a gravel path that, frankly, I didn't even know was there. "Impressive."

"Isn't it? I think she's cool enough." He says, obviously trying not to get too giddy over his own car. He coughs. "Ahem, M'lady." he says, mimicking the pompous accent I made before. I grin and step in the passenger as he walks around to the driver seat. I take a look around the car, and I can see why Oliver would be so fixated on it. She is cool enough. In the back, I see a woven basket with a small blanket over it, and I have to tell myself not to be nosy. Before Oliver sits, he very delicately folds the cover table roofing on onto itself towards the back of the car. I smile at him treating the hunk of metal like it's his baby.

"What?"

"Nothing, I didn't say anything." I say, puffing out a giggle.

He plops himself down in the seat, shutting the door. "So, where are you taking me? Some creepy forest where you'll execute your murder plan for me?"

"God no, a forest would be a boring choice," He says as he starts the car. "I'd prefer, like an old abandoned church or something." He laughs, and I feel myself smile once again.

"So you aren't gonna tell me?"

"You'll see soon enough." The car whirs into motion down the gravel path, which, now is coming back to me as the field I saw the girl run through before I was admitted here. Wonder where she is now.