28

Saint

: nobody - mitski

She left.

I thought the day had gone so well, but it seemed like I read the signs wrong. My hands were trembling the whole way back home.

All the signs were there. The mood swings, sudden lustfulness, blank stares, and short answers. She was going down into a spiral, and I had been enabling her the entire time.

I want to be what she needs right now, but what if what she needs is me out of her life for now?

I was so fucking happy today. But now I felt like I had done something incredibly wrong. She never would have left if Rod and my mom didn't scream at her.

Speaking of Rod...

I was going to kill him.

I revved up my engine and sped through the streets to get back home. The streets were mostly empty, and I passed by five stop signs. My chest was rising up and down, and patches of ice littered around the steering wheel.

I slowed down when I reached the golden gates. They couldn't open any fucking slower. Once I saw there was enough space for my car to go through, I slammed my foot down onto the gas pedal and headed towards my house.

My car screeched and I swerved it into my driveway. I couldn't even be bothered to park. My hands shook as I put the keys into the door. Once I was inside, I slammed the door and the entire house shook.

My mom came out from the dining room, and her brows furrowed. She looked at me softly and folded her arms.

"Saint?" she asked. "Is everything all right?"

Ignoring her question, I scanned the room for any sign of Rod. Walking past her, I looked into the dining room to see the twins and Kate casually resuming their dinner. Rolling my eyes I walked out and scanned the kitchen for his presence.

"Where the fuck is he?" I asked.

I searched the entirety of the downstairs floor, and I didn't find him. My movements throughout the house were rushed and hasty. I could feel the coldness sweep throughout my body and particles of razor-sharp ice stained my fingertips.

As I closed the kitchen, the sound of loud footsteps coming down the stairs caught my attention. Rod took his time as he walked slowly down the stairs. He made eye contact with me and sighed.

"What's all this noise?" he asked. "Has that girl left yet?"

I dropped my keys down onto the floor and ran over to him. I grabbed his shoulders and slammed his body back into the doorframe. I was taller than he was and as I held him against the door frame, I felt like I had grown even taller. He tried to remove himself from my grasp but I gripped his shoulders tighter. The ice that was littered all over my hands had become so sharp that tiny rips slashed against the sleeves of his shirt.

"What the fuck?" he yelled. "Get off of me, Saint."

I laughed maniacally and released him from my grip. Right when his guard was down, I reeled back and placed an icy punch onto his left cheek. His head slammed back against the door and his body slowly sunk against the frame.