14: Agliophobia

Comment for a bowl of ramen 🍜

______

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Agliophobia (n)- Algophobia or algiophobia is a phobia of pain - an abnormal and persistent fear of pain that is far more powerful than that of a normal person.

Ares' POV:

Once you are emancipated from the phantasmagoria of the so called reality, a little line is left between life and death.

Once you free yourself from the illusion of colors and, mortality, you are left with your soul. A soul you can choose to call immortal or dead.

I preferred the latter one.

Often the void of my mind would revert to the time when I was alive. The time I spent before my death- and it seemed to grow more distant as time went.

I see a man who failed himself, I see a man who died discontented.

I see a weak man who couldn't get himself justice.

I see a man who died a coward, in fear of pain.

I liked to think of myself as dead and with that thinking came in the consequences of it. The deprivation of any pleasures.

They say only the dead has seen the end of the war, yet, I was yet to see mine.

The end of my war or whatever.

As my soul burned in it's own shadow and turned into ashes, I could only witness and stare as I saw the dark fire consumed the me.

I thought my capability of feeling had died along with me. For years, I felt numb, agile, broken- was rid of any feeling that I could call human.

One thing I did feel, anticipation. Anticipation to see my end. How I was killed and if I would ever be able to find out the truth.

I leaned back on my chair, taking a sip from the now cold tea.