fourteen, trouble

the ferris wheel stopped turning and everyone hurried to get off to allow the next line of people to hop on.

"what next?" tory smiled, looking at miguel. "let's go into the arcade, see if we can win some prizes." he suggested, to which they all nodded.

before y/n could follow the couple into the dimly lit arcade full of games hawk stopped her by grabbing her arm and holding her back.

she was quick to snatch her arm away from his grasp, "what do you want?"

"i just wanted to clear things up. i don't like you, okay? what happened last night was just me trying to get over moon. i never went in there wanting to voluntarily kiss you, i was just angry and clearly not thinking straight."

"i know. just, don't ever do it again. if you wanna get over your ex go find someone else to do it with, i don't like you either."

"okay." "okay."

"you guys coming or what?" tory called out, sticking her head out of the building.

"yeah!" y/n called back out as she jogged up towards her. "what was that about?" tory asks as y/n approaches her.

y/n quickly glances back at hawk who is now catching up to them, "what was what about?"

"what'd he say to you that he couldn't say in front of miguel and me?" tory questioned, her eyebrows knitting together as they reached miguel who stood by a game.

"nothing, just had some more shit to talk." y/n lied. "you're lying, cause if that was true he'd say it in front of us." tory stopped in her tracks and pulled y/n aside while hawk joined miguel.

"you know you can tell me anything right?" tory reassures her, her hands on y/n's shoulder. y/n looks past tory and at hawk who's concentrated on killing the zombies in the video game.

she rolls her eyes and groans before pulling tory further away for the boys, "hawk kissed me last night, right after he broke up with moon. he was just telling me about how it was a mistake and it doesn't mean he likes me or anything."

"what?!" tory explains with her eyes wide, "it has to have-"

"no, whatever you're about to say, no. i literally almost threw up after it happened and i'm sure he did too. he was just angry, tory, angry people act out impulsively without thinking. i told you what happened, now let's forget about it and go play the game." y/n shrugged before walking back over next to miguel.

"hawk, you kissed y/n?"

"oh.my.god! tory!" the h/c haired girl immediately turned around to look at her friend who now stood behind her and next to hawk.

miguel paused the game before putting down the plastic gun in his hands and looking at y/n and then hawk.

"you told her?" hawk exclaimed pointing at tory who stood impatiently waiting for an answer.

"so, it is true."

"i told her, because she asked what you told me when you pulled me away from them. you didn't think it'd be obvious that something had happened when you did that?" y/n scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.