Treacherous 64

"Je décide de mon ressenti, et aujourd'hui je choisi le bonheur."

A/N: juicier. 💣💯.

"They've done it. All we need to do now," Jisoo trailed off as she finished clicking on Jimin's laptop. Chae took the device from the older.

"Is wait," Jimin finished, his eyes glancing over to Lisa's form by the window, back pressed against the wall while sitting on the window seat, her eyes gazing out on the city lights. She's sitting there, an abandoned open book placed on her lap.

She's been quiet ever since she came back from her meeting with her twin. Yet, none of them dared to utter nor ask anything.

"Lis?" Chae called as her eyes glued on the screen but received no response. She glanced over to her best friend. A bit concerned, she then gestured for Jimin to approach their quiet friend.

And Jimin did. His eyes landing on the open page of what the girl was reading. There's only one sentence written on that page.

"Freedom is happiness."

Jimin gently placed a comforting hand on Lisa's shoulder, finally gaining her attention as she looked up at him. She smiled half-heartedly before her fingers went on to massage the bridge of her nose. She realized she's been staring outside for a little too long. She was lost in her thoughts. Ever since her talk with her twin sister, their conversation never left her mind.

"What are you reading?" Jimin walked from her side to also sit on the window seat, in front of her.

"Oh, uhm," Lisa glanced down at the book on her lap. "Just a random book I found on the bookshelf the other day. Been trying to finish it."

"But it seems that you're not reading just now?" Jimin said softly. She pouted before nodding. "A penny for your thoughts then? You seem to be thinking deeply."

She smiled gently at his kind gesture to talk to her. "Well," she placed the book in between them on the window seat and then put her legs up and hugged them close to her chest. She looked at him again. "This got me thinking."

"This phrase?" He asked.

"Yeah. Kinda pretty ironic, at least to me," she chuckled lightly.

Freedom is happiness. That's what the book she's reading says. Yup, the irony.

Well, she's free. Out of her mother's reach. Out of the deception. But her heart still felt weary. She's free but she's not happy. Oh the irony of such a phrase indeed.

But then again it's understandable for her as what she went through in the past few months was very much hard and unexpected. Did she expect to go through all of that? Nope. It's not that easy. But she couldn't help but wonder especially now because of those three words put together in a sentence.

Seems simple, but complex.

"It will take time," Jimin spoke softly as he held Lisa's hand in both his, enclosing it with warmth. "For one, I know first love is not something easy to forget."

"What?" Lisa was taken aback by what he said in the last part. "What do you mean?"

Jimin only chuckled at her. "You think I won't notice still? I've known of your feelings, Lis. I know."

He knows. Somehow, she felt... embarrassed, ashamed? She's scared.

"Do you... hate me?" She asked.