Treacherous 71

This chapter will be short but relevant for the next coming chapter.

___________________________________

"L'amour fait les plus grandes douceurs et les plus sensibles infortunes de la vie."
-

Two weeks ago.

"Mr. Manoban, we have arrived."

A man in his late fifties exited the car and entered the mansion that he has here in France.

It's been more than a year since his last visit here. It's the longest he's been away as he had to prioritize taking care of his health and recovering fully first before he can travel to Paris without anyone knowing.

Especially his wife.

He sat down on the usual black leather armchair in the living room, close to a new expensive golden grand pedal harp that he had recently bought.

He strums the harp strings, creating a pretty sound. A sound that he had dearly missed.

His daughter would love this. It's her favourite instrument after all.

This will be another gift that will be sent to the girl anonymously. One of the few gifts he could not help but send in the past 16 years.

For one of his twin daughters, Lalisa.

In the past 16 years, he had only watched the girl from afar. He would come here to France in secret to visit, no one knows of it. Not even his wife. For he knew it will cause more trouble if she knew, and he doesn't want that any longer for his little girl.

It's better for Lalisa to stay away and not know of his visits too. For if she knew, surely she will hope.

And he doesn't want to break her heart anymore. Besides, his daughter has her loving and caring aunt. The woman loves her dearly. And she's giving her the love that she deserves. He's very thankful for that.

She's safer here in France.

Seeing her grow in a faraway place was hard. But it has to be done. These secret visits, the secret support he gives through different means, and short glimpses of his daughter are enough for him.

Lalisa... he's proud of his daughter for being strong.

Maybe someday, he will be able to talk and hold her again. He's very much looking forward to seeing both his twin daughters together again.

"Monsieur Manoban?"

He turned around, seeing the man that he would always send to check on his daughter whenever he comes to France.

"Monsieur Dubois, how is my daughter, Lalisa? Is she doing well with her restaurant? I haven't been here in a while due to my recovery so I'm looking forward to knowing how she's been in the past year," He spoke in a calm yet eager voice.

"Miss Lalisa is currently not here in France, Monsieur Manoban. According to our information, she's been gone for months," the man informed him, causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.