Treacherous 75

"La tendresse a des secondes qui battent plus lentement que les autres."
-

"Sir, our apologies, but you may not enter the emergency room. Please wait out here," the nurse informed Jungkook, closing the doors after her.

Here they were, at Busan National University Hospital. With nothing else that he can do, he sat down and waited. He was drenched from the rain but he did not mind it yet. The right sleeve of his button-up was stained almost completely in her blood when he held her closely.

He could've called Jimin already but he remembered he left his phone in Namjoon's range rover. And the male was still not back.

Seconds turned to minutes. And minutes turned to an hour now.

He immediately stood up when the doctor who was in charge of Lisa finally came out of the emergency room.

"Who are you to the patient, sir?" The doctor asked.

"I'm her hus-," Jungkook paused what he was about to say, suddenly remembering what he was to the girl. He cleared his throat, "An acquaintance. We're yet to inform her family of her state as soon as my Hyung comes."

"Alright," the doctor acknowledged.

"She's under my care in the mean time. If it's possible, may I ask how is she, Doctor?" Jungkook asked. "She's currently my responsibility and I have to know."

The doctor hesitated but with a bit more convincing, he began to narrate Lisa's current state and Jungkook listened closely. Thankfully, Lisa did not acquire any more serious injuries on her body aside from her head. She has quite a lot of bruises on her stomach, arms, wrists, and ankles, most likely from her being tied up and how Olivia's men handled her. Her neck and jaw have Olivia's marks on them, adding up as wounds. Her cheeks have bruises forming too.

Then they came to the point of Lisa's head injury. She was said to have a cut on the side of the back of her head. It was bleeding quite badly. The doctor had to run a skull x-ray to see how serious it was. Thankfully though, they only needed to stitch up the cut and bandage her head up.

"We will need to observe her in the next 24 hours. For now, we have done what we can and we need to let her rest. She may wake up between minutes from now to hours. If not, maybe more," The doctor explained. "We have moved her to a VVIP room now, Mr. Jeon, as you requested. If you need anything more, do not hesitate to call for a nurse. And please, do notify us once Miss Manoban's family arrived."

"I will. Thank you, doctor," Jungkook uttered, grateful and relieved. The doctor left him, giving him the room number before doing so.

"Jungkook!"

He was about to go to the room when from the far end of the hallway, his Taehyung Hyung showed up and called his name as soon as he saw him, a paper bag in his hand.

"Hyung," Jungkook acknowledged with a confused face. "What are you doing here? How did you know I'm here?"

"I followed you and Namjoon Hyung about two hours after you left for Busan. I tried calling your phone but it's out of reach so I did not know where to go exactly when I arrived here in Busan. Then I called Namjoon Hyung minutes ago, thankfully he answered on my third attempt and told me you are here now with Lisa-ssi. How is she?" Taehyung informed and asked him with an expectant look.

"They have moved her to a VVIP room now. I'm just on my way to see her," Jungkook answered seriously.

"In that state? Come on Jungkook, you're drenched. You need to change or you'll get sick. Here. Good thing I brought some extra clothes of mine," Taehyung handed him the paper bag he had. Jungkook nodded gratefully.