chapter eight

You froze on spot looking at Jungkook with Rosè. "This is not how it looks like Y/N." said Jimin. "I know," you said with a smile but somehow it sounded mechanical.

There could be millions of reasons that could explain the scenario of Jungkook carrying Rosè or more specifically your surrogate in his arms. But for some reason it was hurting deep down.

"Let's check Jimin if something is wrong." You guided Jimin inside your house, your heart was clenching, your lips were trembling. You trusted Jungkook enough to let Jimin in with you without any hesitation.

Walking inside the mansion your eyes searched for Jungkook, he was sitting beside Rosè, patting her back lightly while she was crying clinging to his arms.

You got a quick alert, if everything was alright? Your thinking got blurred, you rushed towards them. "Is everything alright Jungkook?" You called in an urgent tone.

He looked at you with an assuring sigh, "Get a glass of water for her." You quickly nodded to Jungkook's statement and got a glass of water for Rosè.

Her eyes were blood red and it looked as if she had been crying for a while now. "What happened?" You sat beside Jungkook and whispered. "I will tell you later." Jungkook continued comforting her, and you walked towards Jimin to forbid him a goodbye.

"Thanks Jimin," you smiled at him, and he shrugged his shoulders, "anything for my brilliant partner, if you need anything let me know, I am only a call away." You nodded and he left the house.

∞∞∞

It took some time for Rosè to calm down completely. You asked her if she will have dinner, but she refused and Jungkook asked not to force her for a while.

Your thoughts surrendered under the confusion of the time. There was a lot that you wanted to ask Jungkook, but something inside you resisted to voice your worry. A part of you wanted Jungkook to tell you everything.

You exhaled an exhausted breath and closed your eyes. You slept on your side of bed facing the other side. Your condition was miserable, your eyes were too watery but this time you didn't have anyone to wipe them for you.

"Jungkook loves you Y/N." You recalled, but it doesn't look like working, Jungkook's unreadable expression and the cold tone from earlier opened the freshly sealed wound, pulling you back into the dreadful pool of insecurity and inferiority complex.

Your eyes were closed but you were wide awake with thoughts, you heard the door of the washroom opening and the door of your bedroom opening, the cold wind rushed in from the wide entrance. Jungkook was not in the room, but you didn't flinch; you were swaying between your own thoughts.

Once again the door creaking was heard, maybe after half an hour, this time it was the voice of the doors shutting. The spring of the bed shrunk when Jungkook lay next to you.

You were only inches apart from him, but it seemed like miles to you. Today wasn't the same as any other day, when he used to scoop you into his arms, showering kisses and saying sweet words until you went to dreamland in his embrace.

Something was there that wasn't fine, something that was bothering him, something that was consuming you both. And something that was paving a wall between you two.

∞∞∞

[2 MONTHS LATER]
[21:30]
YOUR OFFICE

It was finally the day you were waiting for since so long, the day the suspense will be over and you can know if you are having a baby girl or a baby boy. But as usual you were crushed under workload for the workshop, because of which you were still in your office trying to finish a painting.

"Amazing Y/N," a sweet voice cut through the silence, making you smile. "Thanks Jimin." "Y/N, can you stay back for extra hours, we have investors from America and we need to plan a e- meeting tonight."

You looked at the screen of your phone and then back at Jimin, "I will stay for the meeting." "You are working very hard for this Y/N, we are going to make this workshop one of the best that ever happened in this city." Jimin called proudly.

Once Jimin left your cabin you blankly stared at the phone screen, it was blank just like your expression. Because of work you left home early, and Jungkook wasn't home last night because he has been to a meeting. You asked Elsa, Rosè's nanny, to take her to the clinic. Later Elsa informed you that Jungkook will go with her instead.

You were eagerly waiting for a call or just a text from his end, telling you about the session with the doctor, you were more than excited to know about the gender of the baby, your baby. But, Jungkook didn't bother telling you that made you stiff, since a month now you and Jungkook lacked proper conversation.

Once you even asked him why he was being cold towards you, but he simply denied the fact saying it was workload and stress. You agreed to him. At times he would lash on you for calling him for no reason, or he would not answer it.

All it made things difficult for you, deciding not to break down and keeping up with the positive vibes, you kept your work ahead to forget all the misery in your life.

"Once our baby will be with me everything will be fine." You said to your trembling heart.

∞∞∞

[01:20]

Never in your life before these days did you come home after midnight and that too alone. Most of the time Jimin gives you the company but today you refused his offer.

You entered your room, the lights were dim and the windows were still open, a side of the bed was occupied by Jungkook. Wistfully you looked at his sleeping figure for a few seconds. His lips were pale, his skin was rough and there was hardly any relaxing aura in his sleeping form. No doubt he was looking tense.

You lowered yourself towards him, stealing a lovely kiss from him, you brushed your lips against his. The tear dropped from your eyes and landed on his cheeks.

You tried to roll the tears back, wiping them off of cheeks. Your relationship was lacking words and like the cold room even your relation was lacking warmth.

You walked past him towards Rosè's room to take a glance of your baby. Silently you opened the door, she was sleeping with her hand placed over her round womb. You let out a wry smile.

Soon your eyes landed on the reports kept on the nightstand. "Child care center" it was labelled. A smile crept on your face, you picked up the report to check if there were any issues.

"Twins" your movements got stuck all the wishes that you can make come true when you saw that Rosè was pregnant with twins. Tears of grief were replaced by tears of joy. "My family is complete, I can't be more happy than now."

Keeping the reports back to its place, you caressed Rosè's belly and went back to your room smiling.

∞∞∞

"Jungkook, there is only one way to get out of this, you need to give me one baby. And I want to keep your son." Rosè said.

"You will get everything you want,- "Jungkook replied.

∞∞∞
QOTD
What does Rosè wants? What do you think?
∞∞∞
Hope you enjoyed this part! Please leave your opinions in the comments. Don't forget to vote.

Follow and be updated about the upcoming parts.
∞∞∞