twenty seven

~*~*~

~*~*~

"it's hot in here, it must be summer."

~*~*~

"summer, wait up," called barty as he jogged up from behind summer who was walking to charms, "are we in charms now?"

"yeah, shouldn't you know this by now?" mocked summer as she looked at the slender boy next to her.

"i forget things easily," defended barty to which summer rolled her eyes and shook her head, "you look nice today."

"i know," replied summer, looking down at her figure and then back forward, "is there something you want?"

"you," responded barty suggestively and that's when summer stopped in her tracks and looked at him with a fed up, angry look.

"i don't know how many times we need to have this discussion, crouch, but i wouldn't date you if my life depended on it. if the world depended on it," said summer slowly so his new brain could properly absorb what she was saying, "i said no last year, and the year before that and incase you haven't noticed, i have a boyfriend. so, quit it with these pick up lines because you're not going to change my mind. when i say no, it doesn't mean convince me, okay? great."

summer walked off as fast as she could after that because she didn't want to stick around and listen to barty's bruised ego. summer had been aware of barty's overbearing crush on her since fourth year, it's now sixth year, and he still hasn't gotten over it or listened to a word she had said to him. barty wasn't the only boy to have a crush on summer, or just boys for that matter, many people fancied summer because she was undeniably beautiful and looked great in everything she wore. but, she was also a nice girl, very approachable and easy to talk to, which was one of the things regulus loved about her, he could talk to her easily and didn't have to put on this act in front of her. barty couldn't see past her looks but her gentle and loving nature was all regulus could see, and she appreciated that.

"you'll never believe what happened to me on the way here," said summer as she sat next to regulus in charms.

"what?" asked regulus with a humoured laugh.

"barty being a creep for the ninetieth time this week," said summer with an eye roll, "i swear i'm going to beat him up one day. like you did at the party but more violent."

"i'll watch," said regulus, smiling as he organised his desk which tugged at summer's heartstrings a bit, she enjoyed watching him bumble about and do his little tasks of organising his stuff and playing around with lyra, she was honestly falling in love with him.