Yushiro | A Thousand Years worth of Tears

Requested by @Yourofficialsimp

WARNING: Chapter 204 - 205 Manga Spoilers <<<>>> This is also slightly angst because why not.

~*~

When you thought that everything was over, Muzan found a way to keep himself alive, by transforming Tanjiro into a demon. You and Yushiro don't have a choice but to find a way to stop him without stepping out of the sun.

on the corner of your eyes, you and Yushiro notice Kanao arrive with a vial of humanification medicine, and for some reason, you just knew that everything is going to be okay.

"Yushiro..." you quietly called as you felt the inevitable end. the said demon turned his head towards you.

"It's time we say Goodbye" you watch in exhaustion and fondness as Yushiro stared back at you, his eyes widening for a split second upon the meaning behind your words.

"My only regret on this life is that I won't be able to accompany you for the long and lonely journey ahead of you" you mumbled, Yushiro bit his lip as they tremble, his eyes glistening with tears.

all of this happening while Kanao uses the: Final Form - Equinoctial Vermilion Eye on her left eye to approach Tanjiro with the medicine.

you place your palm on his cheeks and wipe the tears threatening to fall from his eyes. he quickly diverted his eyes away from you and down the space that separated the two of you.

"you're the one dying but here you were comforting me," he said but you heard the crack on his voice but choose not to dwell on it.

"My pain would be an instant compared to the life you'll have from now on" you whispered keeping your voice calm as you pulled him in a hug. surprisingly he didn't push you away like the countless times he did. every emotion you felt was replaced with guilt and sadness for the lavender purpled-eyed demon.

You felt Yushiro gripped into you tightly, while you watch Kanao inject the vial of humanification medicine to Tanjiro, while he gradually calms down.

"This is Tamayo-sama's dream, This is what we've planned for a long time, I've prepared myself for this" he mumbled, his words slightly muffled by your clothes, he attempted to pull away but you grip into him tightly as you felt yourself slowly disintegrate.

"oi Y/n wha-"

"It's okay to cry but don't miss us too much" you sadly chuckled next to his ear as you felt him stiffen, and stop struggling against you. he gently pulled back and lifted your face and gave you the biggest and warmest smile he can give you, but the tear-stained was visibly obvious.

"Let's meet again someday, somewhere, anywhere in the world"

You tighten your grip on his clothes as happy tears fall down your cheeks, you returned his smile with another smile as you finally felt content and relief "yeah, I'll find you no matter what"

This time Yushiro brought his hand to cup your cheeks and wipe away the tears on your cheeks with his thumb as you nuzzled into his touch before you completely disappeared.

"I'll be waiting for you, Y/n"

Everything was over, Muzan was finally defeated for good, while Nezuko and the rest of the demon slayers surround Tanjiro. Yushiro slides down the wall, holding into Tamayo's hairpin along with yours while he sobs into his arms.

Now's his all alone.

~*~

In the Modern era