Punishment For Guru Drona and Mahamahim Bhishm?

Karna laid back on the soft mattress, thinking about the consequences of war. He looked at the flag of Anga, the golden sun emblem beautifully laced with silk and gold.

"What happened father?" Vrishasen inquisitively asked his father who seemed to be mentally absent.

"Nothing, son...go and sleep now..."

The young boy quickly nodded his head and ran away. 

If Mata Kunti had kept his birth a secret from him, things would have turned uglier than he imagined. 

He had decided to take part in the war from Duryodhan's side at first, but Mata Kunti changed his point of view, turning him against the idea of war. Hence, he decided to be Duryodhan's charioteer. But he somehow had to convince Duryodhan to stop the war which was no less than a suicide. 

Karna sat up with a jerk. An idea struck his mind. 

"Mata Gandhari!...." He smiled

Just like mata Kunti had convinced him, Rajmata Gandhari and Maharaj Dridrashtr would convince Duryodhan to stop the war. He had to reach Hastinapur as soon as possible.

____________________________

"Are you scared, Angraj?...." Shakuni asked stroking his beard

"Scared to lose friend Duryodhan because I know what he did was wrong..." Karna cried

Duryodhan turned to him with anger,

"Then why didn't Guru Dron correct me?...Why didn't Pitashree correct me ? Then why didn't Pitamah Bhishm correct me?...Tell me Karn..." 

Karna had no right to question their Dharm because they were elders.

"That is why I am advising you...." Karna replied lowering his eyes down...

Duryodhan placed his hand on Karn's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry friend...but I'm no less than the Pandavas..." Duryodhan smiled

"Mamashree, I have to talk alone with Karna..."

The old man walked out grumpily, muttering "That bloody sut putr is spoiling all my plans...we cannot kill him either...what can we do to blackmail him?..."

Shakuni smiled wickedly, "What if his dear ones are killed?..."

"I know you have hatred towards the Pandavas...but what was Draupadi's fault? Why was she humiliated?..." Karna asked

"It's over Karn....you could have went to your brothers' side...why are you still with me? That woman is not worthy to be the queen and I have told you a hundred times..."

All his efforts seemed less in front of Duryodhan's  ego. Karn had to reveal that Draupadi was his wife, but not without her permission. He had to wait till his brothers arrived from vanvas.

Karna knew what he had to do...

"Mata...only you can stop the war by convincing Prince Duryodhan..." Karna pleadingly cried to Gandhari

Gandhari was in tears as the Agyatavas of Pandavas was about to get over. She knew that the Pandavas were in rage to kill her sons for insulting and humiliating their wife. All thanks to Karn, that he arrived at the right time and prevented her sons from disrobing Draupadi.

She had tried talking to Duryodhan many times but in vain. She agreed for the sake of Karn.

"Rajmatha, please talk to Gandhar Raj too..." Karna pleaded

Gandhari nodded, unsure about her sons' future.

"But Guru Dron and Mahamahim Bhishm should not be spared..." Karna muttered under his breath..

He smiled and said,

"Princess Shikhandini and Prince Drishtadhyumn..." 

____________________________________