Chapter 31: The Princess' Plans

I made my way back to the plaza as I pondered on what I'll be doing from this moment forward. I searched for my brother, but he was nowhere to be found. I sighed, somehow I felt tired.

There was a spot outside of the pavement, a grassy spot, plausible to sit at. I wanted to sit down for a while, so I walked over and plopped down to the ground. I embraced my knees as I lowered down my forehead.

Damn interlopers.

I recalled the man who spoke to me earlier. He was speaking and saying as though he was my ally or some shit. Protect me?

Bullshit.

As if I would rely on them, and as if I would trust them. His words implied that he wanted to implant into my mind that he was my friend and was not a threat. But those kinds of people had their own motives.

I would never rely on them.

I only had myself to rely on, to handle everything, to make everything end well.

...What if my old allies, from my former world, could I have also relied on them if they were also here?

I don't know, perhaps. I'm sure the man who killed me didn't want to kill me himself, deep in his heart. But I fucked up, I messed up, I failed. It was given that I would be disposed of, and not everyone would hesitate to fulfill the mission and put the rules above all else, even if it violates what they wanted inside their heart.

The only difference here in this world was that I wasn't with accomplices.

What was this I was feeling? Melancholy? Heh, been awhile since I felt something like this. But, this is ridiculous. What a bothersome emotion.

It's pointless to feel this way.

I must first think of the future.

First, I need to get stronger. I am weak, not in skills of course, I have confidence in that. But what I was wary of was magic. How annoying.

I can imagine people with the weakest body could be the strongest with the help of magic. Talk about unfairness. As someone who in the past worked hard, went through hell, I can only say that about it.

How unfair.

No, what am I saying? I'm not like this...

My mind was in disarray. I was thinking about the things I don't usually think about. I guess everything that happened is getting into me.

Tch, snap out of it me!

Alright! Dammit.

Plan one, get stronger. I must learn magic.

Plan two, information. I don't know how I can learn about what was happening around me, but I should learn first about the geography of this country at least. I must know the area I was operating.

Plan three, find out who could be of threat. One of the knights could be one of the traitors, should take that into consideration. But I wonder, if they wanted me dead, one of them could have already killed me.

Was it one of the soldiers? Perhaps, among them, one could be a spy. Could be tasked to only watch over my movements for the time being. But it's possible they may be ordered to kill me at some point.

The palace staff? They could have killed me already.

But nothing was assured.

Then, what about nobles? Highly possible, people of power always have motives, mostly for themselves.