Chapter 32: Put to Good Use

"You came back!"

The little girl from the flower shop from before immediately said to me happily when she recognized who I was. Her eyes so innocent gazed at me. Her broad smile testified even more the positive emotion she was feeling.

I could hear a faint chuckle from my brother behind me.

I ignored him and spoke to the girl.

"Yes. I did say I'll come back later, right?"

Well, we were passing by anyways, so why not?

"Now then, I'll have one each for different colored flowers. Give me the best ones, okay?"

"S-Sure!"

The small girl then called her mother.

"Mama, um, I need help. The customer said she wants the best ones, but I don't know if what I'll pick is the best."

"Really? Alright then," her mother gently said to her child. "Please wait for a moment, please."

She said to me and I nodded.

"What did the customer want exactly?" The mother asked her child.

The child conveyed my order. Then after a few moments, the mother had bundled the assorted flowers in one bundle, tied in a few thin ropes.

"Here you go, young lady."

I smiled as I received the bouquet of flowers, gently taking them into my arms.

"Allow me to pay, sister."

Estevan offered, so I didn't need to refuse.

He paid the bill.

"Thank you."

"Thank you very much, beautiful miss!"

Oh? Such a flatterer young child. I was a bit amused.

"Farewell."

I said to them before Estevan and I began walking again. I gazed at the beautiful flowers as I went. Flowers were indeed beautiful.

We didn't speak as we headed back home. Perhaps there was just nothing to talk about, or perhaps what happened earlier was still plaguing my brother.

I didn't want to speak for a while anyway. I'm still troubled about everything.

That said, I have decided what I will do.

Then when we arrived at the bridge, I stopped in place then immediately looked at my surroundings. It was quiet, no one was around. This place was much better compared to the city. It was safer.

My brother looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Estel...?"

He was baffled by my worried expression and a faint fear inside my eyes. I looked down before raising them again, looking at Estevan's eyes.

"B-Brother... I have something to say."

"W-What? What's the matter? Something going on?"

He may have been startled by my seriousness. But that's good, he had to take what I say seriously.

As I said earlier, I was alone. Therefore, I need manpower. I need allies.

Someone that can be trusted.

And one of them was my very own brother.

I have to tell him.

What? Don't tell me you ever thought I wouldn't tell him. Because the man earlier said not to tell anyone? Ridiculous. What am I? Stooopid?