Chapter 38: Revealing the Hidden

We went back to the third floor since it was where my brother's office was situated. My reason for visiting him? I just wanna check out what he was up to.

He was quite warm in his welcome, I expected he would be thrilled by my visit, but I didn't expect he would suddenly squeeze my adorable cheeks. He was overly happy it seems.

It seemed all his stress stemmed from the stacks of papers on his desk. He didn't even work that long yet, it baffles me why he was already too stressed about this sort of thing. Well, I guess that was the reason why he chose to become a knight.

My eldest brother has yet to even come home, he might have been more efficient in this type of work, I wonder when I can personally meet him...

Of course, I immediately had an interest towards the stack of papers. There lies information. But the question was, how much information? How valuable? It would be agonizing if most of it was worthless and would lead me to nothing.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to scan. And information was information.

I acted all sweetly to my brother, until I finally shifted my attention to the other servant.

"Oh, it's you."

I knew this person, I learned about him from Estelia's memories. He was mostly my brother's personal attendant, whenever he required assistance, he would always summon this servant named Oryn Iruhen.

I smiled broadly at him, my eyes sparkling with innocence and sweetness.

"Hello."

I leaned my body towards him just slightly while tilting my head as I spoke to him with a gentle and sweet voice. Then the muscles by his eyes stiffened and halted, he was about to frown it seems. Why? I was the princess. Should I be treated as such?

I am liked by everyone here, right? What reason could he frown at my interaction with him?

Hm.

He might be annoyed. Perhaps he saw how I looked or acted unsightly in his eyes.

Perhaps he didn't mean anything bad with it.

Oryn smiled with warmth as he spoke with me.

"Greetings, Princess. It's been a while since the last time we met and spoke."

"Indeed, Oryn. A long time, I sort of missed you."

A slight twitch on his lower lip. Amusing.

"Please, I don't deserve such words from you, your highness."

"Is that so? But please allow me to thank you for helping my dear brother."

He bowed his head at my words.

I have been analyzing his voice, the tension and such, even the slight trembling if there would be. Every little detail was important. I have been trained in the organization to be like this since basically the beginning of my education. Enhancing our observation ability, analysis, assessment and so on. But it rather focused more on humans and the environment, maybe for the reason that we were intended to be sent on the field than the office.

All graduates in the organization had these skills. However, there will always be those who exceed others. No one was equal. And, the skilled were always the ones to be favored.

As for why I was scrutinizing this person behind my innocent eyes. He was my brother's personal attendant, the royal prince.

As I said previously, enemies tend to be closer than friends.