· Frustrations ·

Enjoy! xx

***

Sophie's POV

***

I push away my homework sheets and groan loudly, holding my head in my hands. I've been studying for about an hour, but haven't been able to concentrate on a single thing so far. 

My eyes lift from my papers to my PC and I have to tell myself to stop and focus on schoolwork instead. Streaming is for later. 

Knock knock

"Come in," I sigh, rubbing my face. 

"Hiya," Will smiles, stepping into my room. "How's the studying going?"

Will walks towards me and places a glass of ice water on my bedside table. I thank him gloomily and watch as he sits on the foot of my bed, raising his eyebrows as he shifts through my homework pages. 

"Wowee, you've done a lot today"

I shrug. "It's not even halfway through the project yet. I have to write a two paged essay for Wednesday too"

Will smiles and adjusts his glasses, shaking his head. 

"Gotta love school, huh?"

I give him a sceptical look and he sighs, dropping the smile. 

"Yeah, you're right. Uni's been kicking my ass too"

I pick up my pencil and then put it back down again. 

"What's the matter? Not feeling inspired?" Will teases, plucking my paper from my hands. "What's all this about then?"

I sigh. "We have to pick a topic and base our project around it. It can be anything like a personal experience or a movie or something that interests you. I chose marine life, and if I see another bloody fish, I'm going to lose my mind"

Wilbur laughs and scans through my paper, his finger underlining some of the sentences. A small smile makes my lips twitch as I think about our similarities. Will and I always used to read while underlining the words when we were younger. 

"It's some great research and a cool project, but why didn't you go more personal based? I'm sure the teachers would like to see some vulnerability and feeling"

"Fish are vulnerable," I point out, taking a sip of water. "And full of feeling"

Will rolls his eyes and leans back on his hands, giving me a look. I give him a look back and shrug, asking him what he's suggesting. 

"Why don't you write about..." Will sighs before finishing his sentence. "Mum"

I take a shallow breath at the mention of mum and turn away from Will subtly. I don't like talking about mum or what happened and Will knows this very well. 

"I didn't write about her because there's nothing to write about in that department," I reply, making sure to add an edge to my tone. "I'll stick with marine life, thanks"

Will nods and puts his hands up as if to surrender. I think he thinks I'm upset with him for mentioning mum. He wouldn't really be wrong. 

"It was just an idea," Will says quietly. "I know you don't like talking about her, but I think this project will let you open up and move on a little"

"I don't want to talk about this," I say, shaking my head. "Nope"

"I think you would really benefit from-"

I put my hands over my ears and sing at the top of my lungs, making Will shake his head at me in a disappointed state. I may be obnoxiously childish right now, but Will said it himself. He knows I don't like talking about mum.