Chapter 19

Liam's POV

As we walked in the stone pathway that led to the bottom part of the mountain, I took in the scenery around me.

The castle was built near the top, and it was surrounded by huge trees. I looked up at the trees around us and saw many birds of different colors flying towards different branches.

"It's beautiful." I whispered, amazed by what I see. I looked towards Natalie and saw her staring into the distance. I guess nature calms all nerves.

"Okay. Enough site-seeing, we need to hurry if you don't want your vampire boyfriend to haul your ass back there." She told me before gripping my arms and carrying me on her back. I yelped and the birds nearby flew away from the sound.

"Put me down! This is embarrassing! And what are you talking about?! He  is not my boyfriend! He's just-" I cut off my own words and I heard her huff at me before running her mouth.

"First, it's going to take all day if I wait for you. Second, being carried by a woman is not embarrassing. Women are as strong or even stronger than men. Look, your limbs are so weak and you're as light as a feather. Still think you're stronger than me?" She shut me up and I glared at the back of her head before settling my hands on her shoulders.

"Third, give it up, Liam. We all know you guys can't keep your hands off of each other." I caught the teasing tone in her voice and was about to answer back, but then she ran with an incredible speed and I choked on the words.

I closed my eyes and held onto her tightly as I felt the cool kiss of the wind on my skin.

"Open your eyes! You need to see this!" She shouted and I carefully opened one eye and looked ahead.

I was left speechless at what I saw and I immediately opened both my eyes to enjoy the myriad blur of colors as we ran. I smiled to myself, knowing that there was still beauty in a world that scares me.

After some time, Natalie put me down and I needed to grab onto her arm for balance because my knees felt numb.

"Sit down. I'm gonna get our ride." She told me and I sat down on the grass. I looked at her questioningly and watched as she pulled out some type of button before pushing it.

A beep sounded from it and the sound of stone lifting flowed through my ears before the moss covered wall lifted in front of us.

My eyes went wide when I saw what was inside and I gaped at her as she strutted towards the open warehouse filled with different cars that would definitely cost a fortune.

She picked a yellow Lamborghini and got inside before starting the engine. She drove to where I was and the warehouse full of cars was now nothing more than a moss covered wall again.

"The bugs are gonna get in. They won't taste good, Liam." She smirked at me and I immediately clamped my mouth shut. I dusted my pants as I stood up and she beckoned me to step inside the car.

After I was seated, I felt like I was sitting on gold that left my hands wandering around.

"Hang on tight!" She said with excitement before stepping on the gas. I screamed and I immediately buckled my seatbelt on while gripping on the seat.

"We're gonna die!!" I shouted at her when I saw the steep road ahead of us.

"I'm dead already! Sorry!" She laughed before speeding up even more.

Then, my throat hurt from how loud I screamed.

----

"I hate you. I hate you!" I exclaimed when we reached the nearest town. She gave me an innocent look and I threw her a dirty look before wiping my nose.