Chapter Twenty Seven

Tucker woke up to his phone vibrating in his pocket. He rubbed his eyes, taking his phone out to see a missed call from his sister. He yawned as he sat up straight, mentally noting to give her a call back. He looked around, reality hitting him like a truck once he realised he was still in Callum's apartment, and from the looks of it, he fell asleep on the couch.

Tucker folded the blanket that Callum must've draped on him, and checked the time. It was six in the morning, so he had some time to go back to his apartment and freshen up before leaving for work.

He sat back down on the couch, thinking whether he should go wake Callum up or not. He recalled what happened the night before before, the two cooked dinner together, Callum ended up surprising Tucker with equally good cooking skills as the lawyer.

They worked together and Tucker had.. fun. Sure, he and Callum had fun before too, but this was different. He felt relaxed too, and it was one of those rare times when neither of the men were snapping at each other. They talked mostly about food, about their favourite cuisines and places they liked to eat at.

Callum promised he'd definitely take Tucker to his favourite Japanese restaurant, where he discovered his undying love for sushi. Meanwhile Tucker swore he'd cook his famous chicken potpie, a Conway family recipe.

It was only now, the next morning that Tucker was realising the implications of all these promises.

The two ate, drank a little more, and then watched the game in Callum's living room. Sometime during that Tucker must've passed out. He was glad Callum didn't carry him to his room or anything, that would've been awkward.

Realising it was still early and it was best not to wake up Callum now that Tucker was sober, he headed towards the door. Tucker gripped the door handle, his body frozen as he contemplated his next move.

Fucking hell, what is wrong with me? Tucker said to himself as he turned around and walked towards Callum's bedroom. He sighed deeply, before opening the door to his room. He peaked in only to see that Callum was indeed, still asleep.

Tucker walked towards the man, a subconscious smile making its way on his face as he looked at how calm and gorgeous the man looked. Tucker bent down, pressing a quick kiss to Callum's forehead before turning around and leaving the billionaire's bedroom.

~~~

Another week had passed, and Tucker had started taking relatively better care of himself. He was still on the case all of his waking hours, but he managed to make time for three meals and atleast six hours of sleep.

He was feeling better now too, ever since his time with Callum. Paige had stopped calling him thrice too now, probably because Dan must've updated her that Tucker was not looking like a zombie anymore.

Tucker had a break in the case. With the help of CCTV footage, the police was able to identify the getaway vehicle and was finally able to find the driver. Tucker had seen him, and he was a good judge of character. He knew the man would break and would definitely take a deal.

Meanwhile he also found evidence to throw Garner's alibi claim right out of the court. Everything was coming in place, and Tucker was finally feeling a bit relieved. He knew he had enough to put the man away for a long, long time.

Tucker was going through some files when the door to his office opened. He looked up to see Joe entering the room with a worried expression on his face. Tucker immediately knew something was up. It was only on rare occasions that Joe had this look on his face, and it was never good.