8

(っ◔︣◡◔᷅)っ ♡

𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤:

𝘵𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺

❧ It was the next day and the only thing you were looking forward to was going to Barnes and Nobles later with Connie. You didn't care too much about having him around but mostly about buying your books.

Being the most organized person you were, you already had a list of books that you were itching to buy for months now. You weren't going to overdo anything by buying everything but settle with selecting the most wanted book on that list.

You held your red tray that had your lunch set on it as you walked through the outdoor cafeteria while reading off your list. Standing in the middle of the cafeteria to find your friends who were already waving at you, you suddenly turned your head to the side after hearing someone whistling at you.

"Ven aquí cariña," a deep voice that you recognized whistled and clicked their tongues at you to get your attention. You fully spun your body around to glance at Connie who was sitting on top of his table, waving for you to walk up to him.

translation: ven aquí cariña - come here darling

You looked back at your friends and stuck up your finger to signal to them that you'll be back in a minute. You tucked your index card in the pocket of your flannel shirt as you neared Connie's table.

"Yes?" you held your tray with both of your hands as you stood in front of Connie, eyeing him closely.

"YO! say hi to y/n!" Connie looked over his shoulder and shouted at his friends. Their conversation died down as they all averted their eyes to look at you.

You knew all of Connie's friends based on their status in Santa Monica High. They were the well known's. Neither popular but not losers either.

"Connie?" you whispered to him, furrowing your eyebrows that he brought multiple eyes on you. His hands rubbed your arm as he gently pulled you closer to him. You could smell his minty breath as he chewed on his gum, his lips curving into a grin.

"Don't be shy y/n, they won't bite," a chuckle left Connie's lips, hoping his comment would've calmed down your nerves. On the outside you might've looked weirded out by Connie's touch but your insides were saying different.

You felt your stomach flopping at Connie's finger that was drawing circles around your elbow, noticing his olive green eyes gazing directly into your eyes. Breaking the eye contact, you averted your eyes to his friends to still see them wandering their eyes at you and Connie.

Two of them you recognized, Sasha and Jean. You knew Sasha after being her seating partner in your art class last year, she was a sweetheart and still is. You smiled and waved at her, quickly returning the same wave with her mouth stuffed with sushi.