f i v e

He ended up PM'ing Arrogance anyways. 

hey, what's up with that message?

He kept it nice and short. Satisfied with himself, he closed the computer and pulled out his math book, determined to get his math done first.

His phone buzzed in his pocket and he groaned. "Is there such a thing as peace anymore?"

But he still answered. "Hello?"

"Drew," came a voice. It was Blake, but his voice was drenched in misery.

"Whoa, dude, what happened? Are you okay?"

"Are you busy?"

Drew glanced at his giant pile of books and homework that would take him at least three hours.

"No, of course not. What's up?"

Fifteen minutes later, he was sitting in Blake's room on his floor, watching his best friend slowly die. He'd expected to learn that someone had died, or that Blake learned he was moving to Antartica or something.

What he didn't expect, was that Blake would be tucked up under his blankets with a box of chocolates as he sobbed over his relationship woes.

"Aaron won't talk to me," he whined, stuffing a caramel filled chocolate in his mouth, half-empty boxes littering the ground.

"What, why?" He really should have just stayed quiet and let Blake talk at his own pace, but the mere idea of Aaron, the little bouncy puppy, not worshipping the ground Blake walked on was cause for concern and possibly medical treatment.

"That new person, Kaden or Kevin or something, asked Aaron and I if we were together."

"So?" Shut up, me!

"I said no, but Aaron said yes."

"Why would you say no?" Drew asked gently, stroking Blake's hair. He was really fighting the urge to excuse himself, hunt down Aaron, and hang him upside down by his ankles. He may be one of Drew's closest friends, but no one hurts Blake. And lives, that is.

"I don't know, I just panicked!" Blake dropped his face onto his blanket again.

"Do you want to date Aaron?" Drew asked.

"Um, yeah, I guess," Blake snuffled.

"Well, looks like you need to man up and tell him," Drew said bluntly, dropping the whole soft and sweet act. Forget being gentle; when Blake got like this, he would need a chisel and hammer to drive sense through his head.

"I've tried! He's avoiding me! If he sees me in the halls, he turns and walks the other way."

Drew was stumped. "Wow. How bad did you fight with him?"

Instead of replying, he just ducked back under his blankets. Drew figured he wasn't going to get any more from the boy, so he put his back against the wall and pulled out his math books and computer.

He was in for a long night.

***

Drew ended up sleeping over. Well, more like Blake wouldn't let him leave. It took him till two in the morning to get all his homework done because Blake kept crawling into his lap and just laying there as if dead.

Drew went straight to his first class while Blake went to his locker.

Well, he tried anyways. He ended up running into a door and falling flat on his face. Lord have mercy.

Once he dragged himself this chair and settled in for a subtle nap-- let's face it, no one really pays attention during history class-- he tucked his head into his arms and closed his eyes.

A paper ball smacked into his head. Slowly, he looked up, with an expression that clearly said "Unless the building is on fire or about to be nuked, you will die today."

Kai grinned at him. Drew glowered, and put his head back down.

Another paper ball bounced off his head.

"Do you mind?" He hissed.

Kai nodded towards the paper that was rolling innocently away. Drew shook his head.

Boing.

"If you throw one more thing at me, I will make make sure your death is long and painful," Drew hissed.

Boing.

***

The second History was over, Drew cornered Kai, getting right up in his face. "What the fuck is your problem?" he demanded.

"Hold up there, Deedee," Kai said, "Not that I don't love seeing your face up close, but personal space is something I enjoy."

"First of all, go fuck yourself, and second, why are you harassing me?"

"Hmm, let's think," Kai said, putting a finger to his lips in a thoughtful manner. "You've blatantly insulted me, you've refused to show me around school, leaving me to fend for myself, and you kneed me in the groin."

Drew flinched. Maybe he had been a total jerk.... "Ugh, I'm sorry." He chewed the words up before spitting them out.

"And you're pretty cute," Kai added as an after though.

"Well, sorr- wait what?"

"You're pretty cute. What, hasn't anyone told you that before?"

Drew's face flushed, but it wasn't out of embarrassment. "I don't need your filthy compliments, Alpha!" He stormed away from the tall boy, ignoring the stares of people he passed.

Someone brushed past his shoulder roughly.

"I wasn't finished talking to you!" An angry voice shouted.

"Blake?" Drew questioned, turning around. His own anger flew out the window when he saw Blake chasing after Aaron, who was practically running away from the angry Beta.

"Well, I don't wanna hear it," came the equally angry response.

Blake grabbed onto one of Aaron's sleeves and jerked on it, threatening to rip the material. "You need to listen to me!"

"I don't care about anything you have to say!"

"Aaron, you have everything wrong! Just listen to me!"

"What? What could I have wrong? You told me flat out to my face that you would never date me!"

Ouch, Drew thought. Low blow.

"You don't understand! I panicked; you know I'm not good with this!" Blake was red in the face, painfully aware of the audience they had accidentally gathered.

"Fine! Go on then, tell me! Tell me you would go out with me, in front of everyone."

Blake stuttered. "Well, I-I, I, erm...."

"That's what I thought," Aaron said. He brushed Blake's hand off his jacket.

Blake looked down, his hair falling into his eyes.

Drew had had enough. He swept up to Blake and shook him hard. "Get your head out of your ass, and go kiss him, idiot!" He shoved him.

Blake stumbled a few feet. He turned, and Drew made an encouraging motion. He sighed.

"Hey, wait!" He yelled.

Arron turned around just barely and that was all it took. Blake seized him by the shirt and crushed his lips to Aaron's.

Drew nodded in approval.

Then he quickly became uncomfortable as the kiss grew heated, Aaron pushing Blake up against the wall.

"Okay. Okay, guys, that's enough," Drew called. "Guys, there are people here."

He was ignored.

Drew rolled his eyes. "Alright move along people, move along. Nothin' to see here." He shooed people out of the hallway. "Keep your pants on!" He screeched and left.