☼『Boruto x Reader』☼

Requested

"I TOTALLY BEAT YOU, BORUTO!" You giggled, playfully shoving the blonde as the two of you opened the gate to his residence. "Nu-uh! My shadow clone Jutsu wiped the floor with you, ya know?" Boruto, who was only a few steps ahead of you, retaliated with a playful shove of the shoulder, which you happily returned.

After a long day of training with Boruto, the Uzumaki invited you over to his house for dinner. You insisted that it was not necessary (you had your own dinner waiting for you back home) but as soon as the boy mentioned his mother's ability to cook, you couldn't help but give in. Hinata was known to make the best miso soup you had ever tasted, therefore it would be a crime to turn down such an offer. So here you were, at the doorstep to the Uzumaki household with your stomach grumbling and muscles aching.

"Okay, so maybe you caught me off guard with your Boruto stream..." You began. It was true, Borutos shadow clone Jutsu was not to be messed with, but you remembered the satisfying hit you landed on him with your earth style. "...but that left arm of yours ain't looking so good, now is it?" You jabbed Borutos left arm with a smug grin and he squealed in pain in response.

"Ah, don't touch there! It still hurts..." The blonde swatted your hand away, flustered. That little prodding seemed to shake his memory up because he didn't look so confident anymore, causing for you to smirk "So it's safe to say that I won then, victory has never tasted so sweet"

Boruto was about to snap back but the door to his house suddenly opened, revealing a cute, short girl. She had beautiful raven black hair and a pair of blue eyes, similar to Borutos. Her hands fumbled with the seam of her yellow hoodie, nervous as to see who it was. But the moment she saw the familiar sight of her big brother, her ocean blue eyes lit up with joy. "Nii-San! Welcome home!" Himawari, who you recognised from the one lesson she taught in class about art, ran into Borutos arms like a happy puppy.

"Hima! I'm home!" Your heart melted once seeing Boruto accept the young girls hug. Despite what people thought of the boy, he was a big softie at heart. Watching him spin his younger sister around even if he was visibly beat-up was proof enough of his good will, and it made you smile.

"Boruto? Who's this?" Hinata, the mother of the household, peered from the corner of the hallway. She was just finishing up with dinenr when she heard the commotion from afar. So naturally, she went to check it out, and that was when her beautiful grey eyes locked directly onto you. You bowed respectfully and introduced yourself "M-my name is (Y/N), a pleasure to meet you!" The last thing you wanted was to come off as rude to the Hyuga princess, so you made sure your manners were flawless...even if your beat-up appearance wasn't helping.

Boruto was confused at your sudden formality— you were his loud-mouth partner in crime after all, manners was a foreign concept when it came to the both of you, so he teased "Aw don't be so formal (Y/N), my mums not gonna eat you"

Blood rushed to your cheeks as you shot Boruto an embarrassed glare. Curse that boy, If you weren't in his house you would've cussed him out already, but you refrained yourself— Hinatas godly cooking was at risk. So instead, you huffed in frustration and joined in with taking your shoes off at the door.

"Will (Y/N) be joining us for dinner?" Hinata asked Boruto, and he nodded his head in response. "Yeah, we did some pretty intense training today so I thought that it'd be cool" Himawari, once hearing of the news, finally drew her attention away from her bro and onto you. She blinked twice before grinning wide "Yay! We have guests!" The little girl pried herself off Boruto and pranced over to you. Her soft little hands cupped yours and before you had a chance to react, she led you to the living room. A small 'woah!' left you in exchange but it quickly died down once you took a deep inhale of the kitchens cooking.