𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

You're the only buggin' thing
on the agenda."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Alby had looked horrendous; it was enough to make my face pale at the sight of him. I'm currently standing outside the entrance to Thomas's room, the chaos of healing Alby still fresh in my mind. I allow myself to mull over what happened to Alby, and as I peek into Thomas's room, my eyes fall upon his limp body resting soundly on the bed. Minho's in a similar state — a frown spreads on my face.

I know it's completely absurd but I can't help but be afraid that their eyes will never open again. They're heart rate is normal, they're not dehydrated anymore and I cleaned their wounds as soon as I could. They're fine.

And yet I cant help but worry they aren't.

Newt's probably under more stress than I am at the moment, but I haven't seen him. He's far too busy actually running the Glade now that Alby's about to go through the Changing. I've never seen one before because Jeff and Clint wouldn't let me see Ben when he was stung.

Is that the fate that will befall Alby?

"Thea?" A voice calls from the bottom of the stairwell. For a moment, my heart skips at the possibility of it being Newt, however as my gaze travels to the bottom of the stairs, I'm met with a round face and curly brown hair.

"Oh," I say, so exhausted that I can't even be bothered to hide my dissapointment. "Hi, Chuck."

"Wishing I was someone else?" He smiles as he walks up the stairs to meet me, his face a little red.

"Never, Chuckie."

"It's okay," he says knowingly. "I think he's arguing with Gally at the moment."

It's strange how Chuck seems to know I was looking for Newt, although I realise it's probably not that hard to guess. The entirety of the Glade is well aware of Newt and I, and they take every opportunity they get to tease us about it. My head turns as I process what Chuck's just said. Newt and Gally are always arguing. It seems as though they've never really liked each other.

"What is with those two?" I shake my head.

"They used to be real close before Gally got stung. After that... he changed."

"Hence the very original name of the Changing."

"Exactly."

They were friends before? If it weren't for Minho, Alby and Thomas's survival today, I think that is the most surprising thing I've heard.

"I think he should know," Chuck says suddenly, pointing at Thomas. "He'd want to."

I sigh. Thomas has only been here for little under a week, and yet so much has happened to him in such a short space of time. He's a Greenie... and more has happened to him than any other Glader. I can't imagine how hard it must be for him — and the look on his face when he asked about the girl... unsettles me. I can't help but feel that he shares the same recognition of her that I do.

"Let him rest, Chuckie," I decide after a long pause.

"He's rested long enough. I'd want to know," he says pointedly before walking as loudly as he dares over to Thomas. He hesitated before shaking him awake, and is met with a loud grumble and a push in the chest. "Don't shove me, Thomas."

"Let me sleep, you shank."

"What did I tell you?" I drawl as I walk into the room and pass Thomas some water, which he gladly takes with a grimace.