Chapter 22: Final floor, final confrontation

1st person POV:
It's not the same... Since a certain day, Shion had become different. She always tried to work hard and always refused to go out with me. I didn't care about it at first until I realized how far we had been apart.

She was praised by everyone for her smartness. I thought that was okay because she earned it through her hard work. But then my parents began scolding at me and complaining about me. Why was I not smart like her? Or something like that. I really didn't care about it, but to stand beside her, I started working harder.

But the harder I tried, the harder she worked. I don't even know why she did it. Her achievements are always better than me. It took me a long time to realize that... She did that intentionally.

What was she thinking? I kept wondering about that. Then I just gave up, if she wanted to be better than me at studying then I will let it be. I have tried so much but it didn't even work a bit so giving up was the best option.

Because of that, my parents complained to me all days. Even at school, I was always compared with Shion. Everywhere I went, it was the same, disappointment of the others at me. Slowly, it developed to hatred. It was all her fault that this happened. It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault! It was her fault!!!!

.

I had become a Neet before I even realized it. I had kept my distance with Shion. Until that day...

A normal day like any days, the first time I came out of my room after a while to buy a new game cause I couldn't order it online somehow. When I went downstair, no one even noticed me so I just went out until a hand grabbed my wrist.

I continued walking out without even checking who. But that person still followed me.

"Hey!! Are you listening?"

Feeling so annoyed, I finally looked back to see Shion.

"What do you want?"

"...You shouldn't just stay in your room all the time. It's not good for your health."

"Hah? Is that all? You just called me for this?"

"No... It's just... Are you enjoying your life right now?"

"Yes, yes, I'm enjoying a life ruined by you! Is that okay?"

"What?? Ruined? I..."

"Stop saying like you understand anything." I continued walking to cross the road

"You..."

"What is that Ms. Know it all?"

"You don't understand how hard I have worked to satisfy our parents for your part too!!! At least try to put yourself in my shoes!!""

That moment, all anger I had inside just busted out.

"Shut up!! Who need you do like that?? Before asking that, put yourself in my shoes first!!"

"You are now free and can do whatever you want!! How can that life be bad??"

"Ah, yes. Free from what? I have always be in the cage called gossips because of you!! Is that what you call free!!"