CHAPTER 80

"Don't tell me you..." Clive asked with a skeptical face. The face of a certain ill-tempered person appeared in his mind.

"Yeah... I took it from him" Angelica shrugged.

She put down her cup and tapped Clive's cheek. It felt satisfying to see Clive's pale face. 

"You'll be paying him for this by the way"

"I told him you'll be visiting soon. And he was excited  just from thinking about it"

The nose ring was an alchemy device developed by the infamous alchemist Axel Gilbert, a man with a lot of temper.

Right after departing from Danny's little cottage, Angelica made a detour on her way home and paid a visit to her former tutor, Master Gilbert.

She remembered reading about his isolated workplace in a magazine a few months back. And it was not hard to locate him since he was a strange man always surrounded by ridiculous rumors.

There were multiple articles published by the papers in the capital just to describe his hatred for fellow humans. Thus it was the perfect place to lay low and gather information before going to Ashford County.

*neigh*

Angelica stopped in front of a huge board on the path to Gilbert's mansion.

'DO NOT ENTER' A warning board was written in bright red letters, enough to catch one's eyes even from a distance.

"Somethings never change..tsk tsk" Angelica clicked her tongue and continued on her way.

The further she ventured the weirder the warning signs got.

'RUN AWAY'

'TURN AWAY IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE'

'YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO RUN'

'FORCE FIELD UP AHEAD'

The pathway illuminated automatically as she crossed through it. 

Smart lights were one of Gilbert's oldest creations. It also had a built-in security system that detected any kind of movement within its range, which meant that Gilbert has already been notified of the intruder on his property. Knowing him, he would probably be waiting for her at the entrance with a frown on his face.

People tend to be amazed at such inventions but Angelica was an exception since she was already familiar with it from her previous life.

At a distance, she could see a small figure, who looked like one of Gilbert's assistants standing by the gates of the mansion.

*neigh*

"Show them what you got" She patted Beauty's head.

Angelica smiled and dashed towards the mansion at full speed disregarding the warning boards placed on either side.

"Huh" Ralvol's ears twitched.

He was a beastmen from the cat clan with orange hair and yellow-black eyes. He could hear the faint sound of a horse in the distance.

He was also Master Gilbert's secondary assistant and was also considered as his nanny.

Ralvol was sent out by Gilbert 'to pick up the delinquent brat'

When he strained his eyes and looked in the direction of the sound. He could see a dark figure riding a horse charging towards him without any brakes.

At the speed it was moving, it was bound to collide with the gates if he didn't open it as soon as possible.