Once the snow is thick enough, we can eat it | Xiao x GN!reader

No one asked for this but I kinda forgot he existed and felt bad
Sorry for not posting often, motivation go brrr
(Edit: I GOT C1 ZHONGLI WHILE TRYING TO GET YANFEI TF- ALSO I HAVE C4 DIONA AND I HATE HER)
anyways enjoy
(also slight AU)
_____________________________

You yawned as you rose out of bed, a cute 5 am in the morning.
"Rex Lápiz I hate this please-" you mumbled as you walked to your kitchen to pour some tea.

As it was brewing, you took your time getting slowly changed into your everyday outfit, working for the Adepti was not very easy.
You had recently been assigned to be adeptus and Yaksha Xiao to take care of.

All you knew about him was that he could be a handful, and didn't exactly like your company, or so you thought.

You shook it off as you went to go grab your tea from the kitchen and get ready to leave the house.
After sipping the last of the warm refreshing drink, you set it in your sink and left the house.

You arrived at Wangshu Inn, where you were supposed to meet him. You wouldn't lie and say you didn't like the job, it was definitely something you took interest in, you just wished he would be more open to you.
As soon as he came into your sights he looked over at you, "Good. You're on time. I need to go to Liyue Harbor to help Ganyu with some Adeptus training." He told you in a cold tone.

You weren't unfamiliar with it.

Upon arriving to the Harbor, you followed after Xiao as he zoomed through the crowds of people, making his way to what you assumed where they would meet up at.
"Ganyu, you're here. You said we would be training at Mt. Hulao, correct?" he asked her.
She nodded and you three head off again.

Once getting to the next place, you had finally been given the chance to sit down.
Xiao was standing next to you as you rested on a rock panting after the long hike up the mountain.
"Sorry.. I forget human bodies can be so nimble." he told you, looking in the other direction.
You looked up and him and smiled.
"I'm.. fine- I think. I just need to exercise more-" you stuttered out the sentence in between breaths.
"No.. not any normal human even with expertise amount of training would be able to climb that mountain without a problem. It's basically a 90° hike." He told you, finally meeting your gaze.
You couldn't tell if he was trying to make you feel better, or if he was just being honest, but you weren't complaining.

After a moment of silence you heard him speak up again.
"It's going to snow soon. The evenings have been getting much colder."
You say up straight again and asked him what he meant.
"Once it is thick enough, we can eat it."
And as if it was on time, a few speckles of snow fell from the sky.
He reached his hand out and you watched as the flakes would fall onto his hand, and then disintegrate.
He closed his hand and then sat down next to you on the grass.
"Do you want this stone?" you offered him your seat.
"No, i'll be fine." He said without another word.

You both watched Ganyu practice her abilities on the small course the Cloud Retainer set up for her.
You decided to take a nap in the meantime.

You woke up to a tap on the shoulder by the small blue haired lady.
"I am done Mx. (y/n)."
You sat up and brushed your clothes off.
"Alright."

You asked for the time
"It is 10pm" Xiao answered you.
You sighed and began the walk all the way back to Liyue Harbor to drop Ganyu off.
It was not very entertaining.

After saying goodbye to her you then walked Xiao to Wangshu Inn.

"Goodnight.. I will see you tomorrow Xiao." you told him, walking up to the inn.
He turned around and looked at you.
"Where is your residence? It's late."
"I uh, I am currently living in Qingce Village." you told him, shifting your weight over to your other leg.
He thought for a second,
"I'll take you there. It would be bad if someone under my watch got injured due to me." He walked back down the steps of the inn.

"Oh-" Before you could say anything, he had started walking in the direction.
The snow had picked up, making it much colder especially at this time of night.
He gave you a jacket he had.

"Thank you! Wait a second.. you weren't holding or wearing this all day.. where did you get this jacket from??" you asked him, looking down at the jacket you just put on.

You saw his face change, then he started laughing.
"Hahaha, wow, I- you look so dumb right now" he told you, leaning over for support.

"HEY! What's that supposed to mean!?" you stood up straight and asked him.
"No- No not like in a bad way just-" he held in some giggles.
After he quieted down you saw him put a hand up to his face.
"That was the first time I heard you laugh. You should do it more often." you told him, looking forwards on the path.
You could've sworn you saw him blush if it wasn't nighttime and cold outside, though you just passed it off as the cold getting to him.

He cleared his throat.
"We're almost there."

The path around you had started to be covered with snow, almost thick enough to scoop up.
"Do you think by tomorrow it'll be cold enough?" you asked him.
"For what?" He asked you, looking over at you kneeling on the ground.

"You said you wanted to eat some-" You look over holding a bit in your hands with a soft smile on your face.

"I, yes- Yes it will be. Stop it though"
He mumbled the last part.
"Hm? I couldn't hear you."
"Nothing." he looked away and kept walking.
________________________________

someone give me inspiration and motivation to write something g o o d

sorry it sucks
i uh
yuh
anyways
Request are closed!