Chapter 11

"Right then. Rebekah. You're free to do...whatever it is you do. Look for another boy to fall in love with." Klaus rolled his eyes. "Stefan, gather more of Elena's blood." He ordered as he walked towards the alcohol cabinet.

Stefan let go of the person he was feeding on and walked over to Elena, setting her up again so blood would come out and into the blood bag waiting to be filled. Stefan was annoyed but didn't really have a choice.

Rebekah scowled at Klaus' words and shook her head a little in disbelief. "So you dont want me to ever leave your side but now that you've got hybrids and Stefan compelled to do your every order, you toss me to the side?" She frowned and scoffed before heading out of the mansion at vampire speed.

Klaus sighed and rolled his eyes at Rebekah's outburst but he mostly didn't pay any attention to it as he poured himself a drink. He was too busy looking forward to making his hybrids to even care. Not that he would've cared too much regardless.

Hope walked over at Bonnie. "I want to see if the crystal prism thing was in your Gram's things." She said. "So, come on. Let's get back to your house. Assuming you're still willing to let me look despite my refusal to help you"

Bonnie slowly nodded. "I am willing to help you." She debated not doing so. But she was a witch. Even if she was a witch in league with Klaus. "But you have to promise that my friends will be okay. Elena, Stefan, and...Damon." Damon wasn't really someone she considered a friend, but she knew he was important to Elena.

Hope hesitated, needing to focus on not calling him dad. "Klaus needs Elena's blood, so she will be fine, assuming she doesn't do something stupid and suicidal. Stefan is compelled to do what Klaus says, so chances are he should be fine as well. As for Damon...." Hope looked over at the dark haired man still unconscious on the ground before looking back at Klaus. "He would help protect her. And I dont plan on keeping him under a sleeping spell forever"

Bonnie nodded slowly. Even if she didn't exactly trust the witch, she knew there was logic to all she was saying right now. It was the only reason she was still agreeing to help her. "Alright. Well in that case...come with me." She briefly glanced at Elena. "I'll be back soon." She mouthed to her hating that she had to leave her alone with these people. But she would make sure not to take long.

Hope nodded and headed outside of the house, knowing her Stefan, and her father could handle a human doppelganger. Even if someone rushed to her rescue.

Bonnie looked at Elena one last time before heading outside with Hope. "Can I ask you something?" She asked looking over at her.

"Go ahead. Theres no guarantee I'll actually answer you, though. Depending on what you ask" Hope said as she walked.

Bonnie nodded. "Fair enough." She said as she walked with her. "Why do you want to help Klaus? I'm not judging. Just...wondering I guess."

"I understand him in a way no one else does. And that's all I'm saying on that matter" Hope said, sighing slightly. She hated having everyone see him as a monster, but she was used to it. She just hoped no one noticed the Mikaelson Crest she was wearing that was hidden underneath her shirt. But if she took it off, she risked losing it. She continued to walk as they got closer to Bonnie's house

"You don't even know him." Bonnie mumbled looking ahead. "I'm not questioning what you think or feel. And I'm not saying he's this evil or irredeemable person. But I am saying I haven't seen any signs that he isn't either."

"Let's just focus on getting to your house and looking for the prism" Hope said, sighing slightly at her words. "I'd rather not talk about this"

Bonnie sighed softly but nodded anyway. The last thing she needed was making her angry. "Alright.

"Well, what does it look like? The prism?" She asked as she stepped up to her door and unlocked it.

"Do you have a piece of paper I can use? I'll draw a quick sketch of it." Hope said, looking at her.

Bonnie nodded as she stepped inside her house and looked around until she spotted a notepad and a pencil on the coffee table. "Here you go."

Hope took the notebook and drew a quick but perfect sketch of the prism she had used. "This is what the one I used to have looks like" Hope said, passing back the sketchbook.

Bonnie took the notebook back in her hand and looked at the drawing curiously. "I think I might've seen something like that around but I'm not sure. I packed up a lot of her stuff but haven't really gone through it properly." She said as she led her down the hallway towards her grandmother's old room.

Hope followed her towards the room curiously. "I'm sorry for your loss" Hope said after a moment, thinking of losses of her own as she entered the bedroom and looked around at the mostly packed up room.

Bonnie glanced back and her and gave her a small nod. "Thank you." She said softly and opened up one of the boxes so she could start looking. "She was kind of the only family I had left."

Hope nodded a little and went to look in a box. She didn't say anything in fear of messing things up somehow. Any advice she could have given didnt matter. Bonnie seemed to be coping well. She paused for a moment. "Hold onto the memories of the good times you've had with her. It's the key to getting through it if the grief hits hard again" she said before continuing to look, falling silent.

Bonnie looked over at her, a little surprised that was what she said. Considering she was working with Klaus, she hadn't expected her to care. "Thank you." She said softly, giving her a small smile. "You seem like you're experience with the situation."

"You could say that" Hope said, looking at her. She then looked back at the box and went to look at another one.

"Who did you lose? If you don't mind me asking." Bonnie said as she began looking through another box.

Hope was silent for a moment before saying, "My parents" She then scrimmaged further in the box and pulled out the prism. "Found it"

Bonnie looked at her sympathetically. "Oh. I'm sorry for your loss." She said. Both her parents were alive, but it wasn't like they really raised her. So in a way, it was as if she lost them too.

"I've moved on" Hope said, turning the prism in her hand a bit as she thought. "Thank you for your help"

Bonnie gave her a small nod. "You're welcome. I'm glad you found what you were looking for." She said glancing at the prism. "What does it do exactly, the prism?"

"It lets your subconscious be in the form of someone who you want to talk to or have conversations and get their opinion" Hope said

"Oh. Wow. I must've seen my grams with that at some point but I never knew what it did." Bonnie sighed softly. There was still a lot she didn't know about practicing magic"

Hope gave her a small smile. "You'll learn more about everything eventually. I'll try to get this back to you once I figure out what I need to do"

Bonnie gave her a small smile. "I do hope so. My grams was very powerful. And, I guess I would be lucky to ever be as powerful as her." She said softly and then nodded. "Keep it for as long as you need to. It's not like I was using it."

"Thank you." Hope said, looking at her. "But still. Once I'm done. I'll bring it back to where it should be. I should get back to Klaus" she said and headed out of the bedroom, going towards the front door"

"Alright. Well. Thank you." Bonnie said and walked with her. "I'll come with you. I don't want to leave Elena alone." What kind of a best friend would she be if she just left her at the hands of Klaus?

"Well, Elena's going to be perfectly fine. But sure, come along. I need to wake up Damon anyways" Hope said, continuing to walk. 

Bonnie nodded and walked with her. She was glad she was making good on her promise. She couldn't think of anyone who worked with Klaus that actually did what they said they were going to do.