Chapter 23

"Another mission already?" You ask, waking up from cyro freeze once again.

"Yes Agent y/l/n" the older British woman smiled to you before you stepped out of the chamber and followed her down the hall towards her office.

"What's the mission?"

"Howard and Maria Stark are transporting a super soldier serum tonight. Your mission is to protect them from any harm or threats" she instructs.

"Super soldier serums?" You ask, baffled by the thought of them making more.

"Yes, I know you don't like it but—" she starts.

"It's my mission" you finish for her with a sigh.

"Your a good agent y/n" she reminds you. "Now go suit up, you leave in an hour."

"One quick question" you stand up before leaving the office. She looks up for you to continue. "What year is it?"

"December 16 1991" she answered simply.

"Thanks"  With that you left to your room that they kept in the base.

~~~

"Howard!" You cheer, seeing the man you once knew.

"Agent y/l/n, I heard you would be escorting us tonight. Thank you" he reply's with less enthusiasm. You look to Maria with confusion, not knowing how much you have missed in the world. "Well shall we go now?" He picks up the briefcase and places it into the trunk of his car.

Maria sat in the passenger seat as you sat in the back while Howard drove

"How's Tony?" You questioned the mother as she sat up front.

"He's doing good, going to school at MIT right now" she tells you proudly.

"Wow he must have grown a lot huh?" You chuckled, knowing you have been go for a long time in their life's.

Meanwhile at another base, an attack was being set in place.

A man in uniform enters a bunker in the middle of a snowy mountain. Upon entering he heads straight towards a safe that holds a simple red book with a black star on the cover, he takes the book and awaits his soldier.