• 1 •

~•~

~•~

"Out of the way Snivellus!" Yelled a rambunctious teenager, he wore a crooked grin upon his face - his glasses as crooked as the grin. He shoved past a group of Slytherin's, including the so-called "Snivellus".

"Shut up, Potter!" Snivellus reacted, his face beet red. Anger flamed within his eyes as he pushed Potter back.
"What's this, you want to start a fight huh, Snape?"

Severus decided not to answer, biting his tongue. He didn't need to get into any more trouble at school.

"Come on Snivellus, don't be so scared." Potter bit, pushing Severus into a young Ravenclaw girl walking by.

The girl fell over, Severus right next to her. Her books, as well as his scattered all over the dark cobblestone floors. Everyone around gasped and watched as the girl got up, brushing herself off and fixing her hair that had just - after getting pushed over - turned a bright fiery red.

"James Potter, I assume?" The girl asked.
James nodded in response, awed by her flaming red hair.
"5 points from Gryffindor... and make that Slytherin too." Persephone, a prefect of Ravenclaw, announced eloquently.

"James Potter!" An actual fiery redhead came barging into the hallway, her face filled with anger. Jabbing a finger into his chest, she continued her pursuit, "How dare you start a fight! Are you mad?!"

She then turned towards Severus and looked sullenly down at him, helping him pick up his books. "I'm sorry Severus, I'll make sure of this not happening again."
"Thank you Lily." Severus replied gratefully.

"Oh, this won't be happening again, or detention will be in effect for the both of you." Persephone huffed. She slowly started to pick up all her books and reorganize them back into alphabetical order within her arms.

"Oh! Persephone I didn't see you there. I apologize for their... reckless behavior." Lily shyly spoke, turning towards the taller girl. Persephone in return crossed her arms, knowing the next few words that would come out of her Gryffindor classmate's mouth.
"I was hoping you were still up for studying together?"
Persephone put on the most widest smile she could muster, "I am sincerely sorry but I seem to be-"
"I will pay you!" Lily queried.
"I'll pay you too!" James boasted.

Persephone bit her tongue and slowly nodded her head. "Saturday at noon, do NOT be late."

Persephone quickly made her leave from the crowded hallway, taking the deepest breath she could, her hair turning into a sullen black color.

She quickly looked through all of her books, making sure each and every page were safe and not folded or ripped from the fall. Some did indeed end up being ruined, so she mended it with a spell.