Four

These past 4 days have gone by in a blur

These past 4 days have gone by in a blur. I've never seen so much light in someone's eyes even when they're in pain. When she first bumped into me on the street her green eyes were full of joy and hope which made me cringe. The thought of being happy seems like a distant memory.

No one should ever be that happy, life will fuck you over. I made my way down the street to the semi-destroyed house and walked on the porch. I knocked on the door and huffed when no one answered. I grabbed the handle and like normal it was already open, I walked straight in and found Trevor laying on the floor of the living room.

I kicked the side of his stomach and he jolted up, "Easton?" He said with confusion in his voice before standing up quickly.

"I have your money, just give me a second," he said walking out of the room. I looked around the living room impatiently before he came back and handed me the money. I nod and walk out of his house. The house reeked of alcohol, the poor soul that would have to live there with him. I'd take pity on her.

A couple hours later, I was parked by a hotel waiting for my hookup, when I heard a woman scream, at the time I didn't know who it was but I don't stand by anyone who inflicts pain on women or children. t's just not right. I jumped out of my car and ran to where I heard the scream and I saw a girl on the ground while a crowd of men watched as one kicked her.

I yelled, "What the fuck is happening here."

I saw Jason turn around. I've done business with Jason before, I knew he was cruel, but this crossed the line.  I walked towards him and I watched the fear creep on his face, "H-hi Easton, wh-whats up bro," he stuttered.

I took out my gun, "The rest of you leave, NOW!" I yelled and watched them run off. "What the fuck do you think you're doing Jason." I said pushing my gun into his chest.

"Boss, come on, this bitch kicked me, she deserves it." He stated

I looked at her and then I realized that she was the green eyed girl from earlier. 'Are you fucking kidding me,' I thought. I took my gun and put it in his mouth. I whispered into his ear, "You will never fucking touch another woman like this again," before pulling the trigger. Blood splatted everywhere as he dropped and I walked over to her unconscious body.

I lifted her up gently and walked out of the alley putting her in the back seat of my car. I pulled out of the parking space and started driving towards my home. I knew that my parents would be there and that my mom would take care of her. I pulled up to the gate and they automatically opened for my car. I pulled in and shut my car off and slowly lifted her body out of the backseat and brought her to the door.

I kicked it open and to my surprise both my mother and father were in the entryway. "What happened Easton, where have you been," my mother shouted as she saw the girl in my arms.  I didn't answer and walked up the stairs opening the spare bedroom up, I gently set her on the bed and grabbed a cloth. She was asleep for a day and a half, Jason must've knocked all the energy out of her body.

After she woke up, my mother wanted to be the one to care for her, so I didn't scare her. I dont know why she said that to me but she did. I accidentally walked in on Lyla when she was in her room, she didn't have the shirt on, I could see the giant bruise from where Jason kicked her in the stomach and it pissed me off.

I left her room and instantly left the house, I don't know what was wrong with me. It made me mad to see that pretty girl like her in so much pain. I decided to go to the warehouse to blow off steam. When I got there, they had someone who owed me money. I don't know what he owned me money for but I damn well know that I'm pissed and he's here.

I walked towards the chambers where we had tied him up and went in. I punched him as soon as I saw him and gritted my teeth. "Where the fuck is the money Brent," I yelled, while he spit out blood.

He shook his head and looked at me, "you aint getting shit!"

"Tsk tsk, that wasn't the right answer." I grabbed a knife off the table and slowly went behind him, I slowly slid the knife across his neck.

"Where is it Brent," I demanded. With no answer I plunged the knife into his leg, and walked out shutting the door behind me as he screamed in pain. I dont tolerate people that steal from me.

Being able to take my anger out, made me feel as if I could tolerate being around my father for now. He wasn't a loving father but he treated my mother good and that it all I care about. As I drove back to my house I got a text from my father; "Dinner, now."

I walked into the dinning room to see those joyful green eyes look at me. There was something about her that I knew I had seen before, but the joy and happiness in her eyes was mesmerizing.

And that brings me back to now,

I feel her wrap her arms around me and hug me. Her eyes are full of tears. I can't imagine how many times Trevor has hurt her, and just thinking about it makes my blood boil. I whisper to her "I won't let anyone hurt you." I feel her tighten around me and I slowly put my hand on her back.

I have a need to protect this girl and I just met her a couple days ago. She is full of joy and life and to see what she must've been through countless times with Trevor and still have that joy for life is something I've never seen before. I have no idea who Trevor is to her, but I know that he isn't a good guy to be around, and him being drunk while at home only proves this point. I don't know what it is about her but I'm drawn deeply towards her. I pick up her bag and we slowly walk out of the house, I let her say any last goodbyes she has to this place.

It's sad to see where she has had to live, this place is really run down and it looks like its been vacant for a while. Except for her room, it's the only place that actually had life in this shithole. We make it to the car and she sits back in her seat. She very quiet and hasn't said a word. Joey is taking a look around to see where Trevor went.

"Are you okay?" The words leave my lips before I could even think about what I was saying. I looked at her and I could see her lip quivering and she shook her head and stared off out the window. My chest got heavy looking at her, the joy has left her eyes.

"How long has this been happening, has anyone tried to help you Lyla." She looks at me and her eyes get darker, I can only imagine her now rethinking about every situation. She looks away as a tear slips down her face, I grab her chin lightly and make her face me, I gently wipe her tear away with my thumb and whisper, "I might be a bad man, but I promise I will never let anyone hurt you again."

She gives me a soft smile, "I have no where to go Easton."

I give her a genuine smile and whisper, "My home, is your home. So you do have somewhere to go"

"No Easton you don't need to take pity on me, you've already helped me enough, I don't need to be an inconvenience in your life any longer," I hear her say.

"Lyla, you're staying at my house. That's it. You're not an inconvenience, I am being nice an helping a friend out. So take the offer or don't, I don't give a fuck."