Chapter 7

In three seconds Naga lept through the trees that line the path with a stick in her mouth. With those big brown eyes and her white tail swishing like she just got all her birthday wishes at once, Korra knows what she wants. She wants that slimey stick thrown down the path, and not just once, but over and over. The bark from the stick is going to leave brown flecks on Korra's hand, it only fell from the tree some time ago. It was weak and frail, Korra wouldn't be too surprised if it snapped when it landed on the path. But she could never refuse Naga. So she curls her fingers around the stick and feels the cool dampness against her palm. Naga releases it and sits her giant body down.

As Korra's arm wheeled backwards Naga runs forwards fast and instead of what she expects her owner to do, Korra waits and her dog looks at her. Eye beady with anticipation. Cute. Then Korra throws the stick down the path behind her as far as she could and Naga hurtles after it. Korra walked all of six paces before Naga was right back in front of her again, eyes still dancing.

They repeated the same stick throwing until they reached the open field of the park, where Naga completely dropped the stick in her mouth. She looked up to Korra again, sitting herself down on the dirt floor.

"Off you go." Korra simply said and Naga sped off so she could chase after some other dogs that were there. Korra made sure to keep at least one eye on her, she knew that Naga could get a little.. too excited some times. It wasn't that hard to spot her either. A giant body running with white fur, she stuck out like a sore thumb to the other dogs that were here, she almost looked like some sort of polar bear compared to them.

Korra sat herself down on an empty bench at the side of the field. Once her muscles relaxed against the hard wood, her stress relieved out of her pores and washed away into the earth below. Her headache still managed to pound and pound against her skull, no matter how much water she had drank today. Goddamn kids. She didn't even have 10 seconds to relax when her phone wolf-whistled. Korra ferreted in her pockets and pulled out her phone, Opal was calling her. Her thumb pressed the green button and she held the device up to her ear.
"Hey Opal."

"Evening Boss. Are you busy?"

Korra's eyes followed her dog sprint from one side of the field to the other, leaving the rest of them in the dust. She smiled.
"Nope. Just walking Naga that's all. What's up?"

"Well I found some more information on that Tikkani girl."

Her smile instantly falted and she leaned forward on the bench, furrowing her brows.
"And?"

"She's got parents. Tokuga and Jargala Omo but... from what I see here, there's nothing that could possibly link to Mako."

Korra pursed her lips. That's not the answer she was looking for.
"Okay. Thanks Opal."

"Is there any others?"

"I have a few more on the list but we'll look into it when I'm back at the station. I just had a strong feeling it might've been Tikkani. That poor girl has bruises all over her legs." Korra sighed, leaning back on the bench again.

"Wait let me look more into this." Opal mumbled and Korra could hear the tapping of keys on the keyboard. There were a few clicks and more tpying until Opal let out a small cheer. She's found something.
"Tokuga has a criminal record for possession of drugs Boss. He served 5 years of jail time too. Maybe you should look more into that, you should see if that girl is okay."

"I tried to talk to her mother today but she sped off, obviously in some sort of hurry." Korra replied.

Opal hummed down the phone in thought.
"You could set the blue and red on her." She joked.