Chapter 18: Training Time

Breakfast proceeded in a rather unusual silence for everyone. No one spoke. But then again, no one wanted to speak. An absence of humour or good spirits was odd when food was served in the Palace as it was usually a time to unwind for the Five, Po and even Shifu when he could join them. Not this time. Instead the mood was depressed at best. They ate in silence, they cleaned up after themselves in silence and they made their way over to the training area, once again in silence. Even Shifu did everything without speaking a word, as he knew his students needed a bit of time to mull over what Hunter had said to them and that they all needed to do this in their own time.

However, upon opening the door to the Training Room they found Hunter already inside lifting makeshift weights he'd seemingly fashioned out of a sturdy ironwood pole and several stones tied to the end that were the same type Shifu had instructed Tigress to destroy in middair on Po's first day. And from what it looked like he was lifting a shocking amount of weight, which showed in his face as it burned bright red as he pulled his arms into a curl before extending them and repeating the action over and over while breathing deeply. They were shocked that his bandaged wound didn't seem to be causing him more issues before remembering what he said about pain and suffering and him being used to it...

He was currently facing away from them, but they didn't doubt he knew they were in the Training Room and watching him... The door to the room wasn't that quiet after all. "Should we come back later...?" Mantis mumbled to the others, who all looked tempted to answer positively and to go and do something else.

Shifu held out his staff and stopped them from from backtracking out. "No. You must face the consequences of what you have said and done. Kung Fu Masters do not run from their problems." He pointed out to his students, all of whom looked a little bit nervous at getting anywhere near Hunter right about now...

Even Tigress seemed a bit apprehensive at approaching the Training Area with what had happened earlier... Hunter then dropped his weights to the ground, making everyone aside from Tigress and Shifu jump a little. He proceeded to turn around to face them and approached the group. His face was completely blank once more, which unnerved them far more than him remaining outright pissed off... He then approached Tigress and bowed before her. "I apologise for snapping at you earlier back on the steps. You did nothing to deserve it and the fault rests on my shoulders." Hunter said to her, to the shock of everyone. Although they did notice that this apology was for what happened on the steps, not in the kitchen...

Tigress took a second to register what he had said to her, her eyes even shifting into surprise before she then nodded to him. "I also apologise for what I said in the kitchen. It is wrong to assume such things about a stranger." she simply said and quickly moved into the Training Area to begin her day. She had seemed like she wanted to say something else but pulled herself away before she could.

Viper was next and approached cautiously. "I know it might not seem like it, but that means a lot coming from Tigress." she told Hunter before bowing before him. "I am also sorry. I said some hurtful things about you without knowing of what I was speaking. I should know better as a Master of the Jade Palace." Viper apologised, feeling genuinely regretful that she made assumptions about someone she'd known for less than a day at this point.

Hunter raised his brow at that and took in a breath. "As long as me forgiving you also makes up for the unwarranted kiss that I still feel guilty about." he said to her, an ever so slight smirk tugging at his lips.

Viper chuckled a little at that. "Very well." She nodded in agreement with that condition.

Hunter nodded to her. "You're forgiven." Viper gave him a thankful smile at that and moved into the Training Area with Tigress to begin her day as well.