Chapter 91 - Mint Chocolate Chip

"Mama?"

You groan and turn over in bed, smiling as you feel Loki's cool body next to yours.

"Mama!"

Your eyes flutter open as you catch a little voice in your ear.

"MAMA!"

Now you're awake.

"What in the Nine...?" Loki mumbles as you both struggle to wake up fully.

You sit up and look down to see a small Anthony, dressed in a large Captain America t-shirt. He has crawled into bed with you and Loki as a wide-eyed Thyra in a purple nightgown stands at the edge, nervously twirling a lock of brown hair around her finger.

"Good morning baby," you say in your morning voice, pulling Anthony into your arms and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You too, little one," says Loki, tapping the bed gently as he invites Thyra to climb up as well. She hesitates, but only for a moment before climbing in and nestling into your arms opposite Anthony.

You give her a small kiss on the head and hold your children close.

"Pray tell, what has you both up so early," Loki says firmly, one brow raised.

"Go swim?" Anthony says, looking up at you with big green eyes.

"You want to go swimming?" you ask with a laugh, looking at your bedside clock which reads 6:14AM. "Right now?"

"I told him it was too early," Thyra says quietly. "He didn't listen."

"Well aren't you wise," Loki says with a tired smile, holding out his arms to Thyra who crawls over to Loki's lap and settles in, leaning against his chest as you cradle Anthony to yours.

"You know," you say quietly to Loki. "Technically, tomorrow is our wedding. This is the perfect job for a maid of honor."

Loki grins.

"JARVIS," you call out. "Can you page Nat and have her come to my quarters?"

"Right away, Miss."

It only takes a few minutes for Nat to walk in. Luckily, it looks like she was already up. Albeit not exactly dressed and ready for the day.

"Hey babes," she says, walking in and smiling at your entire family in bed together. "Aww how sweet!"

"Nat, the kids want to go swimming. Is there any way I could bribe you to..."

Nat holds up one hand.

"Say no more. Come here, мои сладкие детки! Let's go get swimsuits on."

Thyra giggles and runs to Nat as Anthony climbs from your arms, stumbling to keep up with his sister. Nat scoops Anthony up from the floor and takes Thyra's hand, sliding the door shut behind her with her foot.

You and Loki both fall back in bed, and Loki pulls you in tight.

You're both exhausted.

The past several days had been absolutely packed full of wedding preparation. Although, more for you than for Loki. You had dishware to approve of, flowers to pick, color schemes to choose, and bridesmaid dress fittings to attend among other activities.