Chapter 27

"Natasha, what's your status?" Steve asks, hearing no response. "Status, Natasha?" He urges.

"Hang on!" She shouts, before leaping into action to take out multiple men. "Engine room secure." She finally reports after knocking out the last man.

" She finally reports after knocking out the last man

"On my mark. Three, two, one." Steve orders. The strike team charges into action, busting down the door and shooting the pirates to get to the hostages.

"Allô? Je pense que la ligne est morte. J'ai perdu le contact. (Hello? Batroc, the line is dead. I lost contact with them.)" a pirate says, just then Steve throws his shield through the glass but Batroc escapes. Steve jumps into the room through the now broken window only to find Batroc running through the door.

"Hostages en route to extraction. Romanoff missed the rendezvous point, Cap. Hostiles are still in play." Rumlow spoke.

"Natasha, y/n, Batroc's on the move. Circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages." Steve instructed as he searched the deck.

"Roger that" you reply, rushing off to follow orders. He earns no reply from the spy as her line has gone silent.

"Natasha!" He tries again but is ambushed by Batroc leaping toward him. He raises the shield to protect himself. They fight on the main deck, Batroc leaping towards Steve and Steve rolling out of the way. He used the shield to knock the pirate back, only earning a rebound from the pirate as he jumped to his feet once more.

"How's it going there Steve?"

"Just focus on keeping the hostages safe" your friend ordered as he continued to fight.

"You heard the man, let's get them out of here" you repeat back to the strike team, leading the hostage rescue. "Steve? What was that?" You call through coms as an explosion goes off on the ship, minutes later.

"Okay. That one's on me." Natasha sighs through coms.

"You're damn right." Steve seemed angered.

"Hey are you two alright?" You worry as your friends meet up with the rest of the team.

"Did you know about Natashas mission?"

"Yeah, rescue the hostages and secure the engine room" you repeat his earlier directions. He just sighs before storming off with anger.

"He just a grumpy old man" Nat waves off his behaviour.