sixty-seven

Naomi Black

Naomi Black

"Oh—no, no, no. You aren't going with me." I jump up, despite the dizziness to try to catch up to him before he reaches my uncle. I stand in the middle of his path—placing my palms in the center of his abdomen. He looks down at me and chuckles.

"Naomi, get out of my way." He warns as I shake my head.

I didn't want him to go—I knew this was the last thing he wanted for Matti, and I knew he would run his mouth, making me feel like shit. It was the last thing I needed because whether I liked it or not he was Matti's brother more than he was mine.

"No—you're not going because that would attract too much attention for me. I need to go, by myself." I tried to reason with him but it was almost as if his ears were clogged. Suddenly, I was hoisted over his shoulder to which I squealed.

"Blake! If I am—you can't hold me like this! Your shoulder is digging right into the—" My whisper yelling is interrupted as he sets me on the ground, and to the side of him. He leans down, gripping my shoulders.

"Digging right into what? The baby?" I frown at his tone as he shakes his head rolling his eyes.

"Stay right here– I will be back. I'm going to tell coach that you need something–we are going to the doctor, and you are getting a test." His voice threatens me as I cross my arms over my chest.

You know what—I'm sick and tired of being a chew toy for everyone to walk all over and put down.

"Blake. Don't worry–no mess of mine for you to clean up anymore. I'm going to the store and buying my own. I will take these tests by myself because you know what? I realized within the last few minutes—that if it is positive, he's going to hate me, so just join the fucking train Blake!" I freak out on him as he pulls away from me.

Luckily the boys were at the other ten yard line and couldn't hear anything because the dome exhibited such an echo.

He frowned, reaching out towards me but I held up my hand. "Naomi—" I cut him off.

"No! I'm just so over you guys just saying whatever you want to me and me having to forgive you guys! It doesn't work that way!" I exclaim, walking away from him and towards my uncle—who was in the middle of a conversation with the defensive coordinator, but I didn't care.