Ch 275: Cut Yourself

The next morning, when the sun rose, Lin Ye brought Irene and Lappland to the temple. Originally Sussurro wanted to join them but he refused to say that it was far too dangerous for her to join. She tried to pursue him, but she couldn't persuade him to change his mind.

This temple really did seem to be very old. The walls and wooden doors are chipped and splintered.

When Lin Ye took out the key to open the lock, the snow on the lock fell, revealing the rust inside, which made Lin Ye have to wonder if this lock can be opened.

Fortunately, it still was able to be unlocked.

After entering, Lin Ye says to Irene, "We will live here for a few good days. We will be able to leave in three days. Then we will go to a place called Rhodes Island. Although I have said a lot about it before, I still want to say that the outside world is completely different from Kjerag. You can look forward to it."

Irene takes a look at Lin Ye but soon lowers it again. Holding the tent, she walks towards the temple. She adjusts her scarf, covering her wound with it.

Lin Ye is looking at her back, thinking of the scene a few hours ago. He feels pity for her.

"You seem unusually attached to this girl, Quack Doctor"

Lappland's lazy voice sounds behind him. Lin Ye turns his head and looks at Lappland standing behind him.

Holding her hands back of her head biting a withered grass that he doesn't know where it came from.

"Huh...Does it really seem that way?" Lin Ye genuinely asks.

"Are you blind?" Lappland turns over, rolls her eyes, and says, "You have only known her for a few days, but you're being incredibly hospitable towards her."

"Well, at least we only need to sleep in the house for three days and wait until the guy named Enshi-something finishes everything. The sooner we get back the better"

"Are you in a hurry to go back?" Lin Ye says curiously, "Don't you feel at home in the snowy mountains?"

"This isn't my home." Lappland says with some disdain, "and it's very boring here, the people here are the same as livestock raised in captivity."

"Why do you say that?"

"Obviously, they are living in such a harsh environment, but there is nothing happening." Lappland says, "People here never have to worry about not being able to survive."

"Well, that's because of Messiah. Although Messiah does not seem to do anything, she is actually protecting this place."

"The only thing that interests me in this place is God." She spits out the dry grass in her mouth, and then sighs, "Tch, even with all my strength I couldn't beat her. I was stomped easily."

Lin Ye is not surprised by this at all. No matter how strong Lappland is, she is nothing compared to a God like Messiah.

Speaking of Messiah, Lin Ye pulls out Maple beside his back. With a clear sound, the dark red blade reflects Lin Ye's eyes under the shining sunlight.

Lappland notices Lin Ye's actions, and says, "What's wrong? Do you want to practice against me in the morning? Don't think that since I can't beat that god, I can't beat your magical weapon."

Lin Ye didn't bother deciphering Lappland's brain process.

He still remembered a few hours ago. Irene, who didn't want to open up for a while, wanted to use the Maple that he left in the tent to commit suicide. The bloodstain on her neck proved that she really did try it. However, Irene failed to die.

Lin Ye initially thought it was Irene's lack of courage that stopped her from suicide, but when he bandaged Irene's wound, he discovered that this was not the case. Irene's wound is made up of several small wounds, indicating that she did not lose the courage to commit suicide when she placed Maple around her neck.

However, Maple, a sword that could easily cut off the black steel sword he used to wield, alongside the sword from the border guard, could not cut Irene's neck. A superficial scar is left. Irene tried many times but failed. In the end, she was exhausted and lost the will to continue.

Lin Ye didn't believe that Irene, a member of the Feline race, would have a problem with using the sword. All of the races in this world were far stronger than regular humans, he is sure that she had the strength to spare.

Maple stayed in Lin Ye's hands for only three days, and Messiah told him that it has some special ability. She didn't explain to him those abilities. She wanted him to find out for himself.

And last night's battle made Lin Ye aware of some of it. His perception of danger improved significantly when he gripped Maple, and he can even cut off noises around him. He can also hear the enemy's heartbeat from ten metres away. This is a fantastic ability; as long as an enemy has a heartbeat, no matter how well they hide, they will be visible to Lin Ye.

Lin Ye originally thought that this was everything Maple had with his powerful detection ability and extremely exaggerated sharpness. However, in the case of Irene's failure to commit suicide, Maple's ability should be more than that.

It's not the first time that Lin Ye has come into contact with weapons of this level. Che'n's Chi Xiao has surprised him once before. It can choose its wielder. According to Che'n's performance, Chi Xiao only needs to be out of its sheath and it will automatically attack, and Chen can only control its attack direction.

Although he doesn't know if Chi Xiao is considered an artifact in this world, Maple is definitely an artifact. If Chi Xiao can choose its owner because it has 'consciousness', then it must be the same for Maple, Irene used Maple to attempt suicide and failed. Maple must have some kind of sentience to it, or perhaps a blessing that limits use in certain situations.

This thought process led to Lin Ye thinking

What if Messiah implanted a part of herself into Maple?

Lin Ye decided to find some answers.

"Lappland." Lin Ye stares at Lapland, "Do me a favour."

Lapland perked up, alert and asked, "What is it?"

Lin Ye points at Maple, "Can you let me use Maple to cut you?"

Lappland's eyes widened, "You want to kill me?"

"No, I just want to do an experiment." Lin Ye says, "Don't worry. It's just a simple cut. In fact, I just want to swipe the blade lightly on you. Not hard."

Lappland glares at Lin Ye, "HUH!? Why don't you cut yourself? If you cut yourself first, then I'll let you cut me!"

"Okay."

Lapland didn't expect Lin Ye to agree.

Although a little helpless, Lin Ye experimented with himself first. So, he swipes Maple gently on his arm under Lappland's gaze.

Nothing happened. Maple was sharp enough to split a sword, but it seemed to be much duller now. All that was left a shallow red mark on Lin Ye's wrist. Lin Ye repeated the cuts with more strength and vigour.

He tries on other parts of his body but to the same result.

This surprises him greatly.

Lappland is taken aback.

"I don't know why this is happening, but I should know soon." Lin Ye looks at Lappland,

"Hey Lappland, it's your turn now. Where should I start?"

{Rhodes Island's Pyschologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq