Blood of the Coven

"I-I don't get it. It should be here." Angry said and I held onto Varian's arm as I felt the bad feeling in my gut get worse. "It might be. I...can't see a thing through all this mist." Rapunzel said trying to look through the most. "Well the end of the line is Snake Canyon, and that's kind of-" Max cut Eugene off and we overlooked a large canyon. "Hard to miss." Eugene finished.

"Vigor, this is a dead end. What do we do now?" Rapunzel asked the monkey. I turned my head and stared at the direction long and hard. "I-I think we need to go this way." I said pointing in the direction. "Hold on (Y/n). Eugene do you have another coin?" Rapunzel asked and I sighed and let my arm fall to my side. 'I'm really starting to think I should've said no to this whole double date thing.' I thought to myself and looked down at the ground. "Oh no! I say we got back, return the monkey to the weird old lady, and call it a day. You hear that, Viggy? You're not getting one more shiny outta this guy, ya got it?" Eugene said and Vigor jumped onto Angry's head. "Vigor? What is it?" Rapunzel asked softly and Angry pointed towards the direction I pointed to earlier. "Look! Look!"

The mist had cleared a bit to reveal a home. "And there's a bridge!" Angry said already taking off. "H-hey! Im pretty sure (Y/n) saw that first!" Eugene yelled out to her and I rolled my eyes. "She didn't see it. She just knew the way. Cmon milady." Varian said and we followed after the two girls.

We started walking across the bridge and the bad feeling kept getting worse with ever step I took. "I have a really bad feeling about all of this." I said loud enough for the group to hear. "What? Why would you have a bad feeling? I'm going to meet my family!" Angry said beaming and I shrugged my shoulders. "I-I'm not sure. I just feel like something bad is going to happen." I said and I heard Eugene groan. "First the monkey and now you have a bad feeling? Couldn't you have said that before we started all of this?!" Eugene said and I turned to look behind me at him. "That's not how these things work Eugene." I said and he groaned once more. I rolled my eyes and I felt Varian's hand squeeze mine. I took a couple deep breaths.

We made it across the canyon and Angry ran up to the house. "Look! There's people inside!" Angry said and I stared at the window where a woman walked by. "Look, I know you're excited, but let's play it cool. Okay? Seeing you will probably be a shock to them, so we should do the talking first." Eugene said and him, Rapunzel, and Angry knocked on the door. Varian and I stayed back with Red and she looked somewhat nervous. I crotched down next to her and she looked at me with worried eyes.

"What's on your mind sweetie?" I asked softly and she turned her gaze towards Angry. "You're worried she'll leave you huh?" I asked and Red nodded. "Let me tell you something. You two are family. I know you might not feel like you are because you're not technically related, but being blood related doesn't matter. Have you ever heard the saying the blood of the coven is thicker than the water of the womb?" I asked and she shook her head no. "The blood of the coven refers to the people who love you, care about you, and who always will be there for you are your family. They will always be there for you not matter what. The water of the womb are who are related to you. Like your mom or dad. Sometimes people like your mom and dad aren't the best kind of people. You need to surround yourself with the blood of the coven and not worry about the water of the womb." I said and she nodded smiling.

"Wait. You gotta take Red, too. We're a package deal." Angry said and Red's eyes lit up. "Oh, of course she's welcome." The man who I'm guessing is Angry's father said. Red ran to them with a smile on her face. "You did good back there, milady." Varian said next to me and I smiled. 'They looks so happy...but the bad feeling...it's still there.' Angry whispered a thank you towards all of us and my smile faltered. 'Th-this...it isn't right.' I looked down at the ground.

Eugene picked up Vigor and closed the door to the home. "I understand you had your doubts about Vigor, Eugene. But he did lead us all the way here. And just look how happy the girls are." Rapunzel said and I stopped on the bridge and looked back at the home. "What's wrong?" Varian asked and I stared at the home. "I can't shake this bad feeling. I-I'm worried about the girls. Wh-what if something bad happens and we're not there." I said. "You're probably just sad and worrying how they'll be with their new family." Varian said and I shook my head no.